Karbon is the premium work management platform for the accounting industry and has become indispensable for firms around the world to support their team and navigate the sudden shift to remote work. Karbon brings planning, clients, work, and communication together in one place where it belongs, so even if the firm has to work remotely, they're all together online.
Founded in San Francisco, we have grown into a globally distributed team with people in the Bay Area, Seattle, San Diego, Reno, Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, Nelson (NZ) and the United Kingdom. We are well-funded, have a fantastic team culture, are growing rapidly, and making a global impact. Learn more about us at karbonhq.com.
Do you enjoy having responsibility for the growth and value delivered to an entire customer base? Are you motivated by working closely with customers to solve their workflow and strategy challenges? Do you take pride in helping your customers succeed and constantly looking for opportunities to deliver value?
As a Customer Support Specialist at Karbon, you'll support our customers in their time of need. You'll function as the crucial link between customers, sales, and our product development teams.
As a Customer Support Specialist, you will...
- Provide support to our customers in the form of video and technical chat support, provide training on the Karbon platform to drive client satisfaction, and ensure that considerable value is realised by our customers on the platform in the first 90 days after sale
- Drive growth in existing customers 90 days after the sale by ensuring they are fully able to utilize all of Karbon's features and functionality by promoting awareness and adoption of our product
- Increase the participation in free service offerings such as the "Getting Started" and "Onboarding" webinar series
- Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of the value proposition of our platform as well as the existing and future needs of our customers
- Assist in the completion of customer-facing activities including updating client data, support resources, and support videos as needed
- Solve customers' problems by building partnerships, driving product and feature adoption, and ensuring that our customers actualize the value proposition from their investment — be creative and adaptable in suggesting solutions to solve our clients' unique problems
- Accurately identify risk of customer churn and put value-add actions in place to mitigate possible churn by developing a repeatable process and methodology that can be followed by others as Karbon expands
- Champion the voice of the customer internally by giving product feedback to our Product and Engineering teams in an effective manner for improvements and road mapping
- Partner with Education and Product/Customer Marketing teams to produce continually-enhanced vertical- and industry-specific assets that drive customer engagement
- Partner with internal stakeholders including, but not limited to, vertical SMEs, technical solutions, sales, people/operations, finance, and legal to ensure operational excellence
- Help expand our global support team and processes — be curious about the problems that are present, creative in your approach and ideation, and scientific in your hypothesis, testing, fine-tuning, and rollout of your initiatives
Candidates with the following qualifications and experience are encouraged to apply:
- Customer service — since Customer Support Specialists work directly with customers to solve end-user issues and answer questions, it's essential that you have strong customer service skills
- Prior experience with chat / support software (Intercom, Zendesk, etc.) — your day-to-day tasks will be performed on a computer, and you must be able to use various software programs to check in with and respond to our customers via live chat services, etc.
- Problem-solving skills — the ability to solve problems is just as integral to your work as solid communication skills. When presented with a problem, you must be able to find a solution quickly and efficiently, even if the customer is disgruntled or impatient
- Excellent communication skills — must be able to explain complex concepts clearly and concisely while giving consultative advice to help customers grow their performance
- A minimum of 1 to 3 years of industry experience in B2B SaaS businesses, accounting, professional services, training/education, or customer support
- Prior experience and a passion for enabling businesses to grow and succeed
- Ability to learn modern customer enablement SaaS and servicing tools to better understand, manage, and support our customers
- Professional spoken and written English (fluency in other major languages is a plus)
Why work at Karbon?
- Opportunity to be part of building a global product
- Competitive salary
- True ownership and autonomy over the work you do
- Work with (and learn from) a very experienced team
- Be part of a startup team that will continue to grow around you
- Flexible approach to work environment (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- A culture of open communication, consistent feedback, and full transparency into company results, metrics, and financial position