Karbon is the premium work management platform for the accounting industry and has become indispensable for firms around the world to support their team and navigate the sudden shift to remote work. Karbon brings planning, clients, work, and communication together in one place where it belongs, so even if the firm has to work remotely, they're all together online.
Founded in San Francisco, we have grown into a globally distributed team with people in the Bay Area, Seattle, San Diego, Reno, Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, Nelson (NZ) and the United Kingdom. We are well-funded, have a fantastic team culture, are growing rapidly, and making a global impact. Learn more about us at karbonhq.com.
Karbon is looking for a Senior .Net Engineer to join our team in Sydney or Canberra. This person will work with designers, product managers, developers/development managers, and the CTO to design and build interactive web applications. They will be responsible for technical specifications, developing, and deploying software.
As a Senior .Net Engineer, you will...
- Assist product owners and designers with the design, prototyping, and preparation of software specifications and interaction designs for product features
- Assist with the preparation of test plans for the purpose of QA testing software deliverables
- Work closely with the QA team to resolve issues raised by testing throughout the development cycle
- Provide timely responses and bug fixes to issues identified during development testing and production support
- Develop robust, high-quality software that meets the requirements of the agreed specifications and complies with Karbon's formal and informal development team procedures and standards
- Maintain current knowledge of development technologies used in Karbon software applications, and identify and promote opportunities to extend and enhance the use of these technologies
- Provide guidance and insight on development methodologies and techniques
- Ensure that other members of the development team are appropriately tasked and meeting their potential in terms of productivity and professional development
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with the development team and the wider organisation
Please note that this job description is intended merely as a guideline of the responsibilities involved for this particular position. The employee is expected to perform any other duties as reasonably required by their manager.
Candidates with the following characteristics and experience are encouraged to apply:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or relevant industry experience)
- 3+ years of experience developing consumer-facing SaaS products
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with an international, distributed team
- Passionate about all things web-related and developing consumer facing software that is used globally
- Ability and willingness to go the extra mile and to take pride and ownership of your work
- Deep understanding of scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures, and algorithms
- Knowledge of network, distributed, asynchronous, and concurrent programming
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development lifecycle
- Proficiency with C#, SQL Server, and .Net (.Net Core, MVC, WCF, and Web API a plus)
- Prior experience with Azure Cloud Platform a plus
Why work at Karbon?
- Opportunity to be part of building a global product
- Competitive salary
- True ownership and autonomy over the work you do
- Work with (and learn from) a very experienced team
- Be part of a startup team that will continue to grow around you
- Flexible approach to work environment (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- A culture of open communication, consistent feedback, and full transparency into company results, metrics, and financial position