Karbon is the premium work management platform for the accounting industry and has become indispensable for firms around the world to support their team and navigate the sudden shift to remote work. Karbon brings planning, clients, work, and communication together in one place where it belongs, so even if the firm has to work remotely, they're all together online.
Founded in San Francisco, we have grown into a globally distributed team with people in the Bay Area, Seattle, San Diego, Reno, Sydney, Melbourne, Nelson (NZ) and the United Kingdom. We are well-funded, have a fantastic team culture, are growing rapidly, and making a global impact. Learn more about us at karbonhq.com.
Karbon is looking for a passionate, self-starter to join our US team. This role will have a strong operations focus, with a high level of engagement with Customer Success, Level 3 Support and development teams.
As an Operations Engineer, you will...
- Proactively monitor production environments and take corrective actions as needed
- Work with internal Customer Success and Support teams to address issues raised by customers, and involve the Development team when required
- Perform database administration, automation, performance tuning, and data fixes when necessary
- Perform data extraction at the request of customers or internal stakeholders
- Create clear, detailed documentation and respond effectively to customer tickets
- Execute Data and Dev Ops projects alongside business-as-usual tasks
This role is open to applicants anywhere in the US. You will have the option to work remotely, or work with our existing teams if you are located in Reno, San Diego, Seattle, or the Bay Area.
Candidates with following experience are encouraged to apply:
- Operations/Level 3 support experience with excellent communication skills
- Strong relational database knowledge (preferably Microsoft SQL Server)
- Platform monitoring or system administration skills with a focus on automation
- Familiarity with Microsoft tech stack (cloud experience is nice to have)
- Strong customer-focus and dedication
- Ability to clearly explain and document issues
- Analytical thinking, with the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Keen interest in learning and adopting new technology
- Good team player who brings passion to the table
Why work at Karbon?
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to be part of building a global product
- True ownership and autonomy over the work you do
- Work with (and learn from) a very experienced team
- Be part of a startup team that will continue to grow around you
- Flexible approach to work environment (we believe in trust and autonomy - we're not going to monitor how or where you work)
- A culture of open communication, consistent feedback, and full transparency into company results, metrics, and financial position