Interviewing is a universal experience, but it is no one’s job
Interviews are the gateway between people and jobs--they are a critical connection point. And yet, while the interview is a universal experience, it has never been recognized as its own discipline. In fact, the vast majority of people conducting interviews receive no formal training in how to do so.
Karat is the market leader in Interview Engineering
At Karat, our mission is to make every interview predictive, fair, and enjoyable. To do so, we created and established the category of Interview Engineering.
Karat conducts technical interviews on behalf of organizations hiring software engineers. We do this through a community of Interview Engineers who are equipped with Karat's interviewing infrastructure, battle-tested questions, and data-informed best practices. The result is highly predictive and fair interviews at scale that candidates truly enjoy. Karat has amassed the largest, most robust dataset of structured-interview intelligence to produce never-before-seen hiring analytics.
Founded in 2014, Karat is a privately held and venture-funded company based in Seattle. Key clients include Pinterest, PayPal, Citrix, Intuit, and InVision.
People at Karat
As Karat’s HR Manager, you will support the People team’s strategy to help retain and grow best-in-class talent and provide employees with great working experience. Working from our Seattle, Washington headquarters, you’ll collaborate with colleagues across the US and will have touch points with our international teams as well. This is both a strategic and roll up your sleeves role that will take a fast-thinking, problem solving and creative individual.
What will you be doing?
- Design and implement HR policies and programs in alignment with Karat’s mission and values
- Effectively help expand, evaluate, and administer current compensation and benefits programs to be more competitive in the technology marketplace
- Manages the tracking, reporting, and interpretation of key performance indicators and metrics
- Partner with leadership and operations to design and implement strategy and new programs integrating development and training initiatives across the company
- Manages the development and rollout of rewards and recognition programs
- Ensure the company’s HR programs, policies, and procedures comply with all current federal and state employment and labor laws
- Ensure the Karat Handbook, Human Resources policies, and procedures are communicated and in practice
- Always deliver best-in-class customer service to employees, with an emphasis on being responsive, professional, and accurate
- Stay current on changes to employment laws and applicable payroll, employee benefits, and human resource policies and procedures
- Drive employee engagement and retention by continuously seeking feedback and developing strategies
- Cultivate a strong company culture aligned to the vision of the organization
- Help create team building programs to enrich the company culture
- Be a champion for the people and culture of Karat as we continue to grow
What skills do you need?
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related field required
- 8-10+ years of progressively responsible Human Resources management experience
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification preferred
- A comprehensive HR generalist background is required. Direct work experience in five or more disciplines of Human Resources (e.g., performance management, training, and development, compliance, policies, organizational development)
- Experience coaching and mentoring HR teams in high-growth companies
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively advocate ideas and influence internal and external audiences.
- Exceptional customer service skills and focus
- Must be creative, resourceful and flexible in response to the environment of a growing organization
- Adept at handling multiple competing priorities and responsibilities in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
- Experience working with remote employees and teams
- Sound judgment and the ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information relating to HR
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
With thanks to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.