Juul Labs’ mission is to impact the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We have the opportunity to address one of the world’s most intractable challenges through a commitment to exceptional quality, research, design, and innovation. Backed by leading technology investors, we are committed to the same excellence when it comes to hiring great talent.
We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose and we are hiring the world’s best engineers, scientists, designers, product managers, operations experts, and customer service and business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for more details.
The failure analysis SME will be an expert in his/her field. This person will be working with multiple cross-functional teams from product development to field support and requires extensive hands-on experience in an advanced material analysis using different techniques.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITY
- Considered a subject matter expert in failure analysis.
- Analyze complex problems with the team to determine root cause and corrective actions.
- Provide detailed analysis of failures and make recommendations.
- Develop experiments and test equipment to mimic failure modes.
- Engage heavily in design changes of equipment and parts to prevent failures.
- Support product development, manufacturing engineering, and field support as required
- Drive product and process changes proactively.
- Develop regular reports on progress.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years of experience in the high tech field – semiconductor, MEMS, NEMS, medical device, etc.
- Experience with high volume manufacturing and working in multinational companies and teams.
- Experience with characterization techniques as required to support the role including, proficiency in the bulk and surface characterization techniques.
- Understanding of the properties of a broad spectrum of materials such as plastics, polymers, ceramics, metals and alloys.
- Functional knowledge of mechanical, electrical, electronic and optical components.
- Deep methodical ability to analyze problems, and find and implement corrective actions.
- Data-oriented approach to solving
- Excellent communication skills, teamwork, and experience working with others overseas.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and adjust to rapidly changing priorities
- Minimum: Masters in the engineering discipline, Material Science, Chemical engineering, PhD preferred.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits