Juul Labs’ mission is to impact the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We have the opportunity to address one of the world’s most intractable challenges through a commitment to exceptional quality, research, design, and innovation. Backed by leading technology investors, we are committed to the same excellence when it comes to hiring great talent.
We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose and we are hiring the world’s best engineers, scientists, designers, product managers, operations experts, and customer service and business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for more details.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for managing technical programs related to high precision assembly automation programs for JUUL consumable products and implement, successfully scale automated solutions to support NPI development for high volume production. Technical program manager will closely work with vendors/ suppliers and CMs to drive all technical and operational issues related to Automation, equipment and processes to ensure effective closure of all issues to enable success of the entire new product introduction cycle building world-class manufacturing capabilities.
- Manage technical content and containing technical scope to meet program deliverables for automation programs and will work with cross-functional NPI teams, tooling suppliers and contract manufacturers for technical readiness for the programs.
- Drive projects to be on schedule and within budget including cutting costs as needed, delegating more staff to work on programs, and performing other tasks to maintain project parameters
- Highlight and manage program risk by holding effecting programs reviews and phase gate approvals
- Understand technical aspects of our product to generate technical roadmap, product capabilities, supply chain automation, sourcing, factories and our manufacturing partners and drive recommendations to the Product and Engineering teams.
- Engage with Product design team to review the new products, new process design and specifications, and identity technical challenges to ensure scalability.
- Act as a technical lead engineer to coordinate cross functional teams and suppliers on the yield improvement activities, drive failure analysis, corrective action implementation plan from engineering build to end of production and apply the lessons learned to the next generation product.
- Monitor supplier and OEM’s yield performance, process critical to quality (CTQ) and take prompt actions for quality issues working closely with validation and quality/ component sourcing team
- Organize cross-functional reviews of the machine requirements, design, qualification and capability and closely work with Advance manufacturing team to develop and implementation of new technologies to enhance production quality, capacity and efficiency.
- Communication conduit reporting program progress regularly to management executives.
- Ability to travel globally (~20%)
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 7+ years relevant work experience as a Technical Program Manager
- 5+ years of experience working with engineering teams to deliver advance manufacturing solution for high volume manufacturing ideally within consumer, medical or food packaging industries.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment with multiple concurrent priorities
- Demonstrable track record of managing a cross-functional team in order to achieve new product objectives inclusive of quality, yield, and cost
- Act as lead engineer on a variety of projects and participate in the project planning of major sub-projects.
- Excellent project management skills, working in a matrix organization
- Provide regular VP level communication of technical health of program
- Must be a self-starter with innovation, integrity, and attention to details
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical preferred). Advanced degree preferred.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them.
- Work with talented, committed, and diverse teammates in an inclusive environment.
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success.
- Monthly Work from Home Stipend.
- Cell phone subsidy, extensive self-care/wellness benefits, and discounts on Juul products.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits.