Juul Labs’ mission is to impact the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We have the opportunity to address one of the world’s most intractable challenges through a commitment to exceptional quality, research, design, and innovation. Backed by leading technology investors, we are committed to the same excellence when it comes to hiring great talent.
We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose and we are hiring the world’s best engineers, scientists, designers, product managers, operations experts, and customer service and business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for more details.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Manager – Regulatory Chemistry, the candidate will support the Chemistry and Regulatory Testing and regulatory submission for JUUL Labs.
- Draft, review and approve CRO reports to ensure the integrity and suitable for JUUL quality system.
- Lead ENDS products testing trending and data analysis, draft and review presentations, reports and documents for internal use and regulatory submissions.
- Manage the regulatory testing data and documents systematically in a very organized fashion.
- Draft and review scientific manuscripts for publications; ensure scientific content meets internal/external requirements.
- Train and mentor junior scientist and research associates.
- Write regulatory/scientific documents or sections thereof, with efficiency, accuracy, and independent thought.
- Edit and guide the writing of regulatory/scientific documents written by other team members.
- Serve as regulatory reviewer of regulatory/scientific documents within and outside area(s) of technical expertise.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ph.D. or MS in Analytical Chemistry or related fields
- Minimum 5 years of ENDS, nicotine related products, pharmaceutical and/or medical device experience for PhD, and 8 years for MS.
- Compliance experience with cGMP, GLP, or ISO 17025 standard is required
- Experience in stability study, statistical analysis and regulatory submissions is plus
- Hands on experience with method development and validation or transfer using HPLC, GC, GC-MS, GC-MS/MS, LC-MS/MS, ICP-MS is preferred.
- Experience interacting with regulatory agencies is preferred.
- Ability to read and synthesize technical material and to prepare clear and concise written documents.
- Experience in aerosol analytical chemistry is preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate issues in a succinct and logical manner.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- High motivation and flexibility.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits