Juul Labs’ mission is to impact the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We have the opportunity to address one of the world’s most intractable challenges through a commitment to exceptional quality, research, design, and innovation. Backed by leading technology investors, we are committed to the same excellence when it comes to hiring great talent.
We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose and we are hiring the world’s best engineers, scientists, designers, product managers, operations experts, and customer service and business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for more details.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Software Developer in Test at Juul Labs will be responsible for testing and optimizing system performance and user experience with the cloud-based services for Juul products. The candidate will develop a thorough understanding of the system that enables a user to connect a valid device via an app to the cloud for different functionality. The scope initially is to test, troubleshoot and fix issues with the cloud service or application feature at any stage of the product life cycle. This is a hands-on role requiring a thorough understanding of quality assurance processes, test automation, and deployment of best of class products to market. The scope of the position will grow to include researching and implementing enhancements to the software to improve product performance. The person in this role should be a strong communicator who is able to work effectively with peers and management alike in a high-paced, agile environment.
- Write moderately complex code/scripts to test the mobile app and cloud services
- Be responsible for White box, Black box, Integration and Functional Testing
- Monitor and test application performance for potential issues and bottlenecks, identify possible solutions and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Evaluate existing performance metrics, suggest new ones
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts.
- Own and maintain the CI process.
- Help develop documentation on the system for regulatory or compliance submissions
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 3+ years of experience building automated testing frameworks
- Extensive experience in developing test automation frameworks like Espresso etc
- Some White-Box experience: Analyze software, source code, protocol specifications to find defects
- Some Stress testing experience: Find limits of failure for apps and cloud-based services
- Experience with at least one of the following: Kotlin, Python, Ruby, Go
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life-cycle including automated testing, build processes
- Experience in setting up parallel test execution device farms ( Sauce Labs, TestLab etc)
- Experience with CI/CD systems and tools, preferably Jenkins and CircleCI
- Linux/Unix familiarity and scripting experience.
- Strong investigative and analytical problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of bug reporting and source control tools such as JIRA and Git.
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken
- Bachelors in Computer Science, related field and/or equivalent work experience
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them.
- Work with talented, committed, and diverse teammates in an inclusive environment.
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success.
- Monthly Work from Home Stipend.
- Cell phone subsidy, extensive self-care/wellness benefits
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits