JUUL Labs’ mission is to impact the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We have the opportunity to address one of the world’s most intractable challenges through a commitment to exceptional quality, research, design, and innovation. Backed by leading technology investors, we are committed to the same excellence when it comes to hiring great talent.
We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose and we are hiring the world’s best engineers, scientists, designers, product managers, operations experts, and customer service and business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for more details.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide hands on, highly challenging litigation matters
- Participate in a wide array complex litigation and investigational matters, including overseeing teams of outside counsel
- Manage the discovery process in complex litigation and investigations
- Conduct interviews of witnesses, collect evidence, and assist with the discovery and legal processes to which the Company may be subject.
- Conduct internal investigations
- Advise and support Company counsel to make strategic decisions
- Collaborate with the team members, receive guidance and support from cross-functional teams of attorneys with respect to strategic litigation and counseling
- Oversee drafting of pleadings that may be applicable to the litigation or court work that may be involved.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Candidates must have strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as a track record of insightful research, critical thinking, and persuasive writing abilities.
- Experience in a Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) environment
- At least 10+ yrs, US top-tier firm or in-house experience handling complex litigation (including class action), preferably in the consumer good/product (CPG) liability space (*experience in consumer electronics, tobacco/vapor, medical devices, or healthcare space a plus).
- Bachelor’s Degree and Juris Doctor required
- Admitted into California Bar or eligible for limited California in-house license required
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have the authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.