JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs' Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) team is seeking an Environmental Manager lead our environmental stewardship while working with our operations team, scientist, and toxicologist.
The Environmental Manager will report to the Director of EHS and will take full ownership of the development, implementation, execution, and improvement of all environmental programs. This position will oversee compliance with applicable regulations and best practices by anticipating and evaluating Juul Labs operations in the portfolio.
- Develop, implement, manage, and improve all environmental policies and programs.
- Develop training associated with all environmental programs
- Lead operational permitting applications including; HMBPs, EPA ID, Controlled Substance, Biennial reports, medical waste, hazardous waste, DTSC, air permits, and business licenses.
- Manage due diligence and environmental assessments for land acquisitions and divestments.
- Conduct companywide risk assessments.
- Ensure continuous improvement of environmental systems, programs, and strategies to promote environmental best practices.
- Collect applicable data and prepare required reports. Track and report all corporate metrics.
- Manage vendors associated with environmental programs
- Manage SDS authoring software and ensure proper distribution downstream to other departments.
- Complete site inspections and audits providing recommendations and corrective actions.
- Collaborate with corporate and operational management, ensure standards, programs, and initiatives are implemented, integrated and effective.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 5 years in EHS with a with focus on environmental programs in laboratory settings.
- High analytical skills to drive decision making with right argumentation
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Interpersonal skills (excellent presentation, communication and influencing skills)
- Test and learn mindset
- Project management and multitasking skills
- Comfortable with both strategy and execution
- Be comfortable with rapidly changing environment with diverse needs and projects
- Bachelor of Science in relative field
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles