JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs is seeking an experienced candidate to join our Commercial Finance team as an Opex Analyst on our Commercial Finance team. This role will report to JUUL’s Manager of Commercial Finance and partner directly with leaders in our sales, trade marketing and brand marketing organizations to manage spend levels. Ideal candidates will have 2-3 years of experience in corporate finance, preferably with a consumer packaged goods business, and have a strong interest in building a world class Commercial Finance function at a fast growing manufacturing business.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Partnering with leaders across the sales and marketing organizations to budget for and manage actuals against detailed bottoms-up spend forecasts
- Working directly in our ERP and other reporting tools to manage purchase orders and pull data
- Developing, improving and automating JUUL’s reporting framework for commercial spending
- Aiding the Company in making better decisions using detailed, data-driven analysis from a financial perspective
- Helping the FP&A and accounting teams develop more robust processes and best practices
- Ensuring that our ERP and systems are setup to enable JUUL to analyze commercial spend levels in detail on a monthly basis
- Working with Sales and Marketing teams to develop budgets as part of the AOP and monthly forecasting process
- Participating as a member of our FP&A team in improving the Company’s finance and accounting processes as they relate to commercial spend, including our month-end close process, real-time reporting, and monthly forecasting
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or quantitative field
- 2 to 3 years of experience in a corporate finance / FP&A function, ideally with a consumer packaged goods business
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills with a focus on attention to detail while delivering against tight deadlines
- Capacity to clearly communicate compelling data-driven messages and stories succinctly
- Desire to work in a high growth environment across a range of functions and disciplines
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- High level of proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Work in the heart of Austin, one of the world’s greatest cities
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.