JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Manager, Total Reward Manager, EMEA will lead programmes for Total Rewards (comprised of cash compensation, retirement, benefits, job architecture, well-being and mobility programmes). Based on a deep understanding of the business, local and regional competitive environment and expertise in total rewards methodologies he/she will develop solutions, implement programmes and compensation cycles and ensure consistency across the Region.
Reporting to the Senior Director, People, EMEA and strong collaboration with Global Head of Compensation (who is based in San Francisco in the US) and in-country People Lead/Partners.
Ideally based in London, UK.
Key member of the EMEA People & Talent team and Global Compensation team.
He/she will be responsible:
- Input and shape any global compensation programmes such as merit review, bonus plan design, core benefit plans and overarching compensation, benefit and mobility company strategies.
- You will develop, analyse and review compensation programmes, policies and procedures local to EMEA to be responsive to JUUL’s business goals and competitive practices. These include health, retirement and wellbeing
- Strategic partner with Region/Country Business and People Leadership on advising, developing and implementing total reward solutions
- Ensure that company compensation and benefit programmes are competitive and consistently administered in compliance with company policies and government regulations - ensuring consistent evaluation approach across EMEA
- Provide insights and best practice
- Manage the job-leveling / job architecture process in EMEA
- Promote a "pay for performance” culture
- Effectively benchmark jobs using market and internal data to ensure consistency in the pay structure across the entire EMEA organisation, making recommendations on increases as needed. Signing off exceptions internally and as part of the external offer stage.
- Monitor the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines and procedures; recommending plan revisions, as well as conceiving new plans that are cost-effective and consistent with compensation trends and JUUL company objectives
- Validate salary surveys and country base salary benchmark ranges to ensure they are aligned to market and JUUL EMEA.
- Effectively communicate & market our Total Reward offerings
- Identify relevant market data and trends regarding field compensation (sales, retail operations and brand ambassadors) and present recommendations.
- Owning the EMEA Sales Incentive Plan and EMEA Retail Plan to drive the right behaviors / outcomes and reinforce the company values. Ensure consistent implementation (flexible within a framework), monitor and challenge the process that targets are set correctly and communicated, measured, payments are accurately calculated, effectively communicated, processed and paid. Review plan design on a bi-annual basis and make recommendations
- Keeps apprised of local, national and regional compensation laws and regulations across EMEA to ensure company compliance.
- Point of contact for EMEA mobility, tracking mobility, implementing global policies and practices, ensuring compliance. Managing all mobility cases in EMEA (relocation, assignments, permanent moves). Ensure the company and employees are compliant with right to work requirements and lead on visa applications.
- Lead the merit cycle in EMEA from end to end working in collaboration with global compensation on philosophy (link to performance and market competitiveness), budgets, timeline and stakeholder management in a matrix environment. Shaping the merit programme for EMEA.
- Owning and driving all EMEA merit communications, planning, approvals, implementation through to payment working in close partnerships with the People Directors/Leads in the EMEA clusters / countries.
- Provide strategic input into the global bonus programme design, timeline and communications.
- Owning and driving all EMEA bonus communications, planning, approvals, implementation through to payment working in close partnerships with the People Directors/Leads in the EMEA clusters / countries. Focus on differentiation by performance.
- Design and implement core policies across EMEA and ensure consistent implementation (i.e. company car policy)
- Review and update benefit plans on a regular basis working with AON Hewitt
- Understand and approve any local benefit plans in-country
- Managing external third parties to drive Total Rewards agenda.
- Leadership of project delivery including (but not limited to) evolution of principles, org effectiveness, understanding and implementation of job families & architecture, and fair pay.
- Expert and delivery training and raise knowledge in the country People Partner teams
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- To be successful in this role, you will need to have extensive experience working in the Total Rewards industry, specifically having worked across multiple countries, regions and jurisdictions.
- You will ideally have experience in legal or professional services environments, however other backgrounds will be considered.
- Knowledge of government regulations as they apply to base compensation and incentive compensation programs, company policies, and operations.
- Previous experience with Workday strongly preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills required
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with top management.
- A collaborative, engaging approach to work and colleagues
- Comfortable managing in a matrix environment
- Ability to deliver excellent results whilst working autonomously
- Comfortable with both strategy and execution
- Interpersonal skills (excellent presentation, communication, negotiation and influencing skills)
- Test and learning mindset
- Project management and multitasking skills
- Be comfortable with rapidly changing environment with diverse needs and projects
- Self-starter, goal-oriented, focused and excellent time management
- Resourceful and able to work independently and effectively in a team.
- Degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field and/or equivalent professional work experience required
- Fluent in English
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Competitive package
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color,religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. JUUL Labs also complies with applicable employment eligibility verification requirements. All applicants must have the authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the country of employment.