JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Retail Service Director – Youth Prevention will lead the charge on an industry-changing effort to advance the retail adoption of advanced Point-of-Sale systems that facilitate ID scanning for age-gated products and prevent Bulk Purchase transactions. This role will be responsible for hiring and leading the team that ensures JUUL products are sold in a responsible way within the Central region. This individual will be responsible for the end-to-end management of the Youth Prevention efforts in a JUUL region, not just the retail side. Managing and understanding trade association and distribution relationships, along with using trade/regional marketing to support efforts and driving effective and efficient retail execution are core to this role. The individual best fit for this role will have a strong passion to play a pivotal role in driving one JUULs key initiatives: Youth Prevention.
Working together with the Regional Operations Manager, you will drive the overall strategy for a region, and be responsible for the region’s performance and key metrics. You will report directly into the VP of Retail Service Management.
Proficiency in sales technologies, including but not limited to Point-of-Sale systems, CRM software, communication technologies and software, etc. is advantageous for success in this role. We are looking for individuals who thrive in an energetic, creative, innovative and data driven environment and who are motivated to take on responsibility, accountability and want an opportunity to really make a difference. Our Retail Service Directors do this by leading teams responsible for educating retailers with the purpose of transitioning adult smokers from combustion cigarettes to JUUL in a way that prevents youth usage. Ideal candidates should have the talent to successfully execute these challenging business objectives.
If you have these qualities and want to succeed in a fast moving and exciting environment, we want to give you an opportunity to maximize your potential and begin an exciting career with JUUL .
Key responsibilities include:
- Direct the efforts of your retail services teams to achieve all defined Retail Services objectives, largely relating to youth prevention initiatives
- Provide purpose, direction, and motivation to lead a geographically dispersed team. This includes understanding and implementing processes to drive execution
- Oversee the execution of driving retailer adoption of advanced Point-of-Sales solutions that facilitate ID scanning for age-gated products and prevent Bulk Purchase transactions
- Identify success metrics (KPIs) as well as novel processes and procedures in this newly created role, and be able to compile reports re: their status and progress
- Develop relevant forecasts for monthly projections, projected year end, etc.
- Contribute meaningfully to strategic planning with cross functional teams, including trade marketing, sales, and HQ
- Communication of plans to leadership / ability to develop compelling presentation decks to gain approval for ideas as well as communicate results to internal / external stakeholders.
- Prioritization, management and coordination of multiple stakeholders & projects simultaneously.
- Assess and communicate needs for support from elsewhere in the company to achieve goals
- Adept usage of today’s sales technologies and software, especially retail Point-of-Sale systems, CRM - SalesForce, to identify, analyze and act upon leads, opportunities, customer data.
- Consistency representing yourself and applying JUUL Labs company values in all business interactions. It is expected that Retail Service Managers – Youth Prevention will become not only a passionate product and industry / category experts, as well as a valuable business consultant / advisor whose analysis, judgment and knowledge of the consumer and industry dynamics makes for a valuable partner to all of our customers; retail partners, distribution partners, etc.
* Please note you are applying for a role within the Central region. We are also seeking Retail Services Directors throughout US & Canada. RSDs are required to live in their assigned territories. Travel to other regions may be required as needed
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Skilled People Leader with experience operating at director or similar level, managing several projects and working with several teams simultaneously
- Strong experience working in fast paced environments with deadlines
- Minimum 5-7 years experience, CPG, Spirits, Tobacco and/or consumer electronics a plus
- Ability to hire, manage, and mentor a team.
- Experience leading teams, consolidating data from multiple sources, and working with cross functional stakeholders
- Able to develop execution plans, track progress towards goals, and delineate responsibilities to members of your team
- Excellent project management and multitasking skills
- Ability to take initiative and be creative
- Ability to operate in ambiguity of fast-growing company in a new industry
- Willing to operate out of your comfort zone in a new industry
- Capable of discerning important factors from noise in a busy role
- Ability to make data driven decisions
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Great communicator using technology (powerpoint, excel, teleconferences, etc.)
- Capable of discerning important factors from noise in a busy role
- Proficiency and aptitude of basic computer skills, and CRM software (SalesForce).
- Proficiency with and willingness to learn new sales technology and data analytics.
- Positive attitude and emotional IQ in a hyper-growth, fast paced, continually evolving environment.
- Experience in a highly regulated environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Post-Secondary degree preferred, but not required
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location: Chicago, IL
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.