JUUL was founded by former smokers, James and Adam, with the goal of improving the lives of the one billion adult smokers. We envision a world where fewer people use cigarettes, and where people who smoke cigarettes have the tools to reduce or eliminate their consumption entirely, should they so desire.
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs is seeking an Associate, Strategy & Ops Performance for its rapidly scaling global operation. As a member of the Global Supply Chain Management (SCM) team, you will partner with stakeholders from across the organization including demand planning, strategic sourcing, manufacturing, process engineering/automation, logistics, and customer service to craft the operations strategy and long-term capability roadmap to take us to our next phase of growth as a company. Work output will be featured at the highest levels of the company, with a real opportunity to influence business direction.
This is an associate role on a growing in-house consulting team focused on identifying new capabilities for the Global SCM organization, aligning opportunities with the broader goals and objectives of the company, and maintaining Global SCM’s long-term strategic roadmap. In addition, the in-house consulting team will also be responsible for analyzing all facets of the business, identifying opportunities to streamline operations, disrupt the current business model, challenge the status quo, and will provide recommendations to the head of Global SCM. The successful candidate comes from a top-tier management consulting firm and is looking for a new challenge, reduced travel, and the opportunity to work at a dynamic growth company with a clear and compelling mission.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
The ideal candidate has 3-4 years of relevant strategy and operations experience in a challenging, fast-paced global manufacturing or logistics environment, including recent experience at a top-tier management consulting firm (e.g., McKinsey, BCG, Bain, Oliver Wyman) or 2-3 years at a top-tier management consulting firm post MBA.
Specific qualifications include:
- Demonstrated interest in CPG, tech or medical device industries
- Functional understanding of the interplay between product / commercial strategy and demand planning, strategic sourcing, manufacturing, process engineering / automation, logistics, and customer service
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for making a mark in a fast-paced, growth environment
- Flexible and execution focused with the ability to wear multiple hats
- Solid experience on playing multiple roles on project teams
- Taking lead on conducting interviews, creating detailed analysis, building models, etc.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- High degree of efficiency; extreme focus on attention to detail while delivering against tight deadlines
- Demonstrated background and comfort level with various modeling approaches and techniques
- Solid experience in effectively leading, developing and directly managing a team
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Highly professional demeanor; ability to interact with executive leaders with confidence
- Exceptionally high level of emotional intelligence and ability to influence people and outcomes
- Mastery of Excel and PowerPoint; ability to produce error-free models and polished executive slide presentations
- Highest ethical standards, integrity, authenticity, credibility and character
Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline from a top-tier institution required. An MBA from a top business school is not required but is preferred.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. JUUL Labs also complies with applicable employment eligibility verification requirements. All applicants must have the authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the country of employment.
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, California, CA, Dallas, Frisco, Texas, TX