JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs seeks an Associate Project Manager for Medical Affairs to support a rapidly scaling global investigator sponsored research (ISR) program. As a key member of the Global Medical Affairs Team, you will work closely with subject matter experts and operational teams to plan and coordinate key aspects (timeline, tasks, budget reforecasts, prioritization) of the research pipeline, assuring optimal execution. You will be accountable for day-to-day project monitoring, facilitation, and general operational management related to running and growing the ISR program. The associate project manager will independently organize and manage multiple activities related to ISR initiatives while simultaneously ensuring compliance and alignment with the regulatory and business strategy of JUUL Labs.
Specific responsibilities include:
Team Player: Act as a liaison between functional areas in order to facilitate project planning and project delivery. Lead functional team meetings and monitor the conduct of the ISR program (tracks status, maintains study level tracking systems, oversees forecasts, progress, and mitigation plans) to ensure all study operational aspects are on track to maintain timelines in line with department and company goals. Utilize scientific knowledge to review and facilitate study proposals and offer solutions to proposal issues.
Planning and Tracking: Utilize project management techniques to identify, develop and maintain planning tools for the successful execution of the ISR program.
Communication: Foster clear communication and strong working relationships with department leaders and individuals within each functional team.
Collaboration: Lead and coordinate joint meetings, communicate in a timely matter, and proactively identify challenges in order to optimize a collaborative and efficient environment.
Operational: Manage internal and external documentation, manage product supply logistics, conduct site visits as needed, and support the development of any training materials when relevant.
Problem Solving: Identify opportunities and create tools and mechanisms for monitoring progress and problem solving within the program or department. Define and document best practices that can be used across other projects. Provide strategic direction and recommendation to senior leaders in assessment of relevant new technologies and processes for improvement to the program and/or department.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Working knowledge of project management techniques and concepts as they apply to the drug development, medical device, or public health industry.
- Working knowledge of experimental/assay development and design, current literature in the field of ENDs research, and clinical study execution.
- Core competencies: Action oriented and organized. Ability to influence without authority. Demonstrate excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with team members with tact and diplomacy. Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritizes accordingly with effective time management skills (both project and self).
- Core values: Entrepreneurial spirit and passion to seek-out new opportunities self-driven; to add value, implement change, and work collaboratively. Highest ethical standards, integrity, authenticity, credibility and character. Superior judgement on maintaining confidential information at all times and interacting with senior leadership.
- Proficiency with relevant software: Google applications, SalesForce platforms (Veeva), Smartsheet, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Adobe, JIRA, Box.com, in addition to general knowledge of shared work environments.
- Exposure and understanding of drug development process and/or medical device development, including knowledge of, familiarity with, international human research standards (e.g. GCP/ICH), health authorities (e.g. FDA), and regulatory standards (e.g. ISO 13485, TPD, etc.).
- Bachelor's degree in Scientific field with 2+ years of relevant project management experience; advanced degree preferred
- ICH GCP and/or PMP Certifications a plus
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Catered lunch, boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have the authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.