JUUL was founded by former smokers, James and Adam, with the goal of improving the lives of the one billion adult smokers. We envision a world where fewer people use cigarettes, and where people who smoke cigarettes have the tools to reduce or eliminate their consumption entirely, should they so desire.
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
As part of the Youth Prevention team, your work is critical to the success of the company and will have visibility at the highest levels of JUUL.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL is seeking a high caliber Senior Manager of Regional Operations to join JUUL’s Youth Prevention team, supporting operational execution of one of the company’s highest priority initiatives. The mission of the Youth Prevention Operations group is to maximize the program’s results by being the objective, trusted partner to the organization – through creative problem solving, operational excellence and cross-functional collaboration.
Who you are: You have a passion for turning ideas into efficient operations and high quality customer experiences. You are a master of project management planning and delivery. You can influence without authority and are skilled at communicating across levels and functions. You are always looking to improve processes and are reflective on improving your own processes. You measure effectiveness and you make us better month over month. You are a relationship builder who cares passionately about the customer and how we deliver value each day. You enjoy coaching people and helping them find their own passions. You have a bias for action and thrive in matrixed, fast paced environment. You have demonstrated the ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a rapidly changing environment and deal with the stresses and tensions of a high profile area. You understand how to work directly with a large number of cross functional stakeholders and can drive teams with differing perspectives in a unifying direction. If you are committed to growing our team in program management thinking, and you are passionate about the intersection of speed and quality, then we want to hear from you.
As a part of this team, you will serve as the primary point of contact in a region, working with the region’s sales director to launch and execute a high-priority Youth Prevention initiative. You will work hand in hand with Sales, Digital, Government Relations, Enablement, Trade Marketing, Communications, Legal and various other departments to meet all deadlines necessary to ensure an on-time launch and smooth execution.
- Translate HQ initiatives to regional level and help drive alignment and develop processes at regional level that have potential to scale
- Ensuring the team is performing against organization goals and company OKRs
- Track progress through setting up the right cadences and report progress against OKRs to teams, cross-functional stakeholders and leadership.
- Coordinating functions (compliance/legal, sales, enablement, government relations, finance, systems, etc.) to ensure all stakeholders are aligned and executing towards the go to market plan; Identify cross-functional dependencies, prioritize resource investment and drive organizational focus.
- Working with the team on balancing multiple priorities, unexpected projects that come up
- Keeping management up-to-speed on progress against targets, potential blockers and other key developments
- Run strategic initiatives, putting in place strong project controls for high quality and timely delivery.
- Identify root cause and troubleshoot people, process, technology issues that constrain teams from making progress and be “hands on” in facilitating the required conversations and be a trusted advisor to leadership on changes that are needed.
- Think systematically in putting in place processes that can scale and sustain a large cross-functional organization.
- Draw insights from qualitative and quantitative analysis, synthesize summaries and make recommendations.
- Create compelling presentations to effectively communicate complex issues to the executive team and to external stakeholders.
- Ability to travel regionally on a regular basis.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3-5+ years as a project manager, program manager or sales operations manager
- Experience in the consumer goods industry and/or management consulting a plus.
- Fluency with operational metrics and an appetite to define and improve them
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Power to influence peers / managers and build consensus while dealing with ambiguity
- Experience in problem solving and providing business insights and recommendations from data sets
- Proven stakeholder management experience – including managing multiple partners simultaneously
- Think like an owner and do what it takes to drive successful outcomes
- Detail oriented, highly organized both personally and at a team/project level
- Excellent communication skills, ability to drive alignment through influence
- Strong sense of organizational awareness and general curiosity
- You have a strong bias towards action
- Proactive, embracing the unknown and are comfortable operating with autonomy
- Not afraid of diving into unknown problems, finding a solution, and building ongoing processes
- Comfortable with modern collaboration software (Google sheets, Google docs, Google slides, Wiki, Slack)
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of New York, one of the world’s greatest cities
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles