JUUL was founded by former smokers, James and Adam, with the goal of improving the lives of the one billion adult smokers. We envision a world where fewer people use cigarettes, and where people who smoke cigarettes have the tools to reduce or eliminate their consumption entirely, should they so desire.
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs is seeking a Program Manager, NPI – Global Supply Chain to support its rapidly scaling global operation. As a key member of the Global Supply Chain Management (SCM) team, you will partner with leaders, subject matter experts, and technical project managers from across the organization including demand planning, strategic sourcing, manufacturing, process engineering/automation, logistics, and customer service to drive successful execution of the business strategy. You will be accountable for planning, launching, managing, and reporting all day-to-day activities for large, cross-functional efforts and high-priority strategic initiatives, in alignment with the business strategy and long-term goals. The successful candidate is a strong leader who thrives on accountability, has a passion for driving flawless execution, and expects the same from others. Specific responsibilities may include:
- Leading core teams to define the program/project requirements, scope, activities and milestones
- Generating standard program management items to include a detailed schedule with identified dependencies, resource requirements, risk matrices, etc.
- Establishing priorities based upon a clear understanding of strategic relevance and financial implications
- Driving individual project/workstream adherence to scope, schedule, and budget parameters
- Working directly with suppliers, vendors, CMs, and other internal customers to ensure alignment and achievement of the plan
- Building-out internal processes and procedures to improve execution and overall decision-making
- Ensuring that programs meet Global SCM objectives and success criteria, and deliver against broader company revenue, profit and cost reduction goals
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
The ideal candidate has 10+ years of relevant cross-functional program management experience in a challenging, fast-paced global manufacturing or logistics environment, with a demonstrated ability to deliver against extremely tight deadlines. The qualifications that make a candidate successful in this role include:
- Demonstrated success in consumer-packaged goods, tech or medical device (aerosol medication delivery systems) industries
- Solid experience with New Product Introduction (NPI)
- Experience managing programs and/or cross-functional projects in one or more of the following areas: demand planning, strategic sourcing, manufacturing, process engineering/automation, logistics, customer service
- Highly flexible; able to mobilize the cross-functional team to quickly respond to changes in identified priorities, goals and schedules
- Strong bias for action; can be trusted to rapidly and effectively execute everything assigned to them
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion to seek-out new opportunities to add value, implement change, and work collaboratively
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, including an ability to distill complex information into core themes and key elements
- Exceptionally high level of emotional intelligence and ability to influence people and outcomes
- Superior problem-solving skills and ability to think critically, incorporating sound judgement and business acumen to analyze information, remove roadblocks, and drive results
- Exceptional ability to make clear decisions and recommendations that balance strategic direction and guidance with tactical details and experience
- Strong knowledge of project management techniques and best practices
- High proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Project or related project management software
- Highest ethical standards, integrity, authenticity, credibility and character
Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, or a relevant SCM discipline preferred. Advanced degree in Supply Chain Management or related technical discipline is a distinct plus. PMP certification required.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location: This position will be based in San Francisco, CA; relocation is OK.
- Travel: Up to 40% could be expected
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. JUUL Labs also complies with applicable employment eligibility verification requirements. All applicants must have the authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the country of employment.
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, IoT, San Francisco, CA, Bay Area, California, New Product Introduction, NPI, CPG, Consumer-Packaged Goods, Medical Devices, Aerosol.