JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We seek a dynamic, highly skilled, and passionate Lab Manager to bring new products and major product improvements to market. This important, highly technical position reports to the Sr. Manager, Formulations in the R&D organization at JUUL Labs. This is a hands-on role and will be responsible for helping our team in designing new products that are innovative, cost efficient, reliable, and ship on schedule. The person in this role should be a strong communicator who is able to work effectively with peers and management alike in a high-paced global environment. We are looking for someone who is flexible and can respond quickly, energetically, and enthusiastically to changes. Cross-functional communication skills and experience are essential.
- Assist in maintaining and calibrating instrumentation in the chemistry labs, including GC and LC equipment
- Work with finance to file and approve purchasing requests
- Creating meetings and documenting action items and progress
- Assist in auditing and oversight of manufacturing partners with regards to flavor components and e-liquids
- Reporting and presenting to management on project status and schedules
- Support new product introduction
- Support Global Supply Chain
- Assist in ensuring acceptable batch testing and lot release for manufactured e-liquids
- Follow JUUL Labs’ documentation procedures
- Assist in maintaining a safe laboratory environment and closely collaborate with EH&S functions and safety committees
Skills and Experience Required
- Minimum of 3+ years of relevant laboratory experience related to food, beverage, chemical, pharma, medical device, etc. Prior cGMP experience is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with analytical chemistry techniques and instrumentation
- Previous experience with manufacturing and/or management of product manufacturing at a CMO a plus
- Expertise in conducting sensory or shelf life testing is a plus
- Good attention to detail
- Self-motivated, team player, with a strong desire to learn new skills and grow
- Ability to multi-task or focus on detailed problems, and tenacity to drive issues until resolved
- BS in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related field. Master’s degree is a plus.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles