JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent e-cigarette, selling over four million JUUL pods per month. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in CPG, technology, healthcare and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best sales, marketing, customer service, scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, and supply chain experts professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs is seeking a Director of Category Leadership to lead a team of Managers that will deliver the category management vision through the development of the channel/account strategy with input from Sales, Marketing, Insights, and Revenue Management teams. They will need to build key customer relations and serve as a trusted advisor for back bar buyers to extend our influence on key decisions regarding the composition of sets and price promotional plans by delivering best in class insights. In addition, identify and quantify commercial opportunities for the JUUL portfolio with key retailers, and through strong analytical rigor drives results in space, assortment, promotions, pricing, and joint business planning activities.
An excellent Director of Category Leadership must have extensive experience in understanding consumer needs and the retail environment. They must have a commercial mindset and full comprehension of marketing and sales principles. Being expected to direct multiple Category Managers in remote locations driving sales analysis and tools to ensure that they are leveraged and understood by the retail teams to get the major messaging to our retail partners. The goal is to increase sales and profitability of business to drive sustainable growth.
- Leads a field-based Category Strategic Advisory team for multiple retailer partners.
- Employs total channel and back bar category strategic thinking and strategy development for the Retail Sales Team by leveraging unique insights from syndicated and shipment data, as well as other industry sources.
- Leverages the Shopper Insights team via constant idea sharing to ensure they are being JUUL’s best advocate in pursuit of discovering unique opportunities to partner with customers on key strategic projects.
- Plays a pivotal role in influencing customer decision making by building relationships with senior executives in their organization in an effort to collaboratively build strategies and tactics designed for future category growth.
- Ensures alignment between JUUL and Retailer strategic priorities.
- Stewards’ development & implementation of process for sharing best practices, as well as sharing specific Retailer shopper and category insights with the Retail Team organization to drive/shape future corporate strategy.
- Leads the interaction with cross-functional leads to address key business questions and develop volume and revenue growth strategies that allow both companies to meet and exceed plan expectations.
- Work to develop and monitor Joint Business Planning with retailer partners growing both total Category and JUUL revenue through agreed upon long term plans with Sales and Trade Marketing team support.
- Works with Space team and the Center of Excellence to ensure National Planograms and Insights are being communicated and leveraged by all Retail sales teams.
- Ensures that category management tools, data, and shopper insights are effectively leveraged to grow distribution, space, and optimized assortment for all back bar categories.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 7-10 years of general sales, marketing and distribution experience in a fast-paced, high performance consumer goods environment
- 5+ years of Analyzing data or insights to determine industry and consumer trends
- Deep knowledge of sales / category management tools and processes
- An analytical mind and strategic ability with the capability to communicate to a wide audience
- High level understanding of retail environment and buying
- Ability to teach own team and counterparts from tool developments to delivery of insights
- Must represent solid leadership abilities
- Manage a wide range of multiple priorities
- Must be able to build and influence interpersonal relationships (agency, market units, functions)
- Strong ability to derive insights from consumer research and analysis
- Strong capability to create and maintain retail sales stores from sales, consumer, and shopper insights
- Business sense/acumen/business analysis – broad business requirements required for short and long-term business planning
- Advanced computer software proficiency (including: Word, Excel, Power Point, Sharepoint), VBA is a plus.
- Detailed familiarity with syndicated data, software, measures, and space planning abilities (Nielsen, demographic data, JDA, etc.)
- Mandatory University Degree in Business or related field
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location: Remote