JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent e-cigarette, Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, battery experts, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Engineering Project Manager reports to the Director of Power and Electrical Engineering within Advanced Technology and works across the JUUL organization to drive all phases of battery module development for the Juul products, manage resources, timelines, milestones, deliverables and communicate progress. This is a key role with high visibility within the Company that will interface closely with product development, research and program management within JUUL and will drive process excellence and assure successful and timely project execution.
- Implement solid project management processes
- Utilize best practices in managing new product and new technology development
- Collaborate with product design, research team and project management
- Lead deliverables, schedules, resources, actions, issues and checkpoint reviews
- Oversee and maintain detailed timelines for development of all JUUL battery modules
- Work closely with vendors, suppliers and consultants
- Manage battery technology programs
- Assess historical performance to improve future performance
- Apply change, risk and resource management to tasks and groups
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 10+ years program or related management experience in consumer, medical devices, or other complex products shipped in very high volumes
- BS or MS in Project management or related degree
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
- Strong strategic thinking and communication skills
- Outstanding performance evaluation skills
- Ability to leverage a diverse set of people, opinions and backgrounds to produce excellent results
- Will listen, learn and prove or disprove assumptions with data
- Can-do attitude who will roll up sleeves and do what needs doing
- Be an excellent collaborator across teams, functions, organizational boundaries inside and outside of JUUL
- Assertive style that drives excellence in program management
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success.
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
Batteries, Vapor, JUUL, Vendor Quality Management, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, eCommerce, B2C