JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Global Finance Program Manager, Tax & Treasury Lead is responsible for establishing a new function to manage the portfolio of programs and projects focusing on Program Management support for the Global tax and treasury functions. The candidate will support the Global Tax and Treasury team in all international markets and partner with leaders from all finance functions globally including possibly IT, Strategic Sourcing, Supply Chain, People and other functions to deliver projects.
- Establish New Program management office MO for Tax & Treasury function: Stand up a new function supporting the global Tax/Treasury function. Responsible for developing project management methodologies, tools and processes incorporating well known and tried models. Evaluate the needs of the organization, and determine a structure for the future state function
- Budget Management: Monitor actuals against approved budgets and provide guidance by holding teams accountable to completed project spend according to agreed upon funding. The candidate must be detailed to monitor each project separately as well as in aggregate by sub-function and consolidate for Global Finance.
- Financial Analysis: Responsible for preparing business cases and cost-benefit analysis of projects. Must be able to gather, analyze and interpret data and perform impact analysis.
- Team Leadership: Partner with procurement organization to implement standard processes for all cycles including sourcing, contract management, requisition, supplier onboarding/maintenance, purchase order management, invoice processing, accruals and vendor performance monitoring.
- Efficiency Enhancements: Actively seek methods to enhance overall efficiency and performance in delivery of projects. This may include day-to-day work within the project lifecycle or by identifying cost-saving opportunities at the organizational level.
- Communication and Presentation: Candidate will need to frequently communicate with both team members across functions and executive sponsors during the project lifecycle. Candidate will be required to present findings in PowerPoint, verbally and in other means of communication to stakeholders. This leader will need to communicate goals and expectations to team members and share progress reports.
- Scheduling and Organization: Candidate to work with department managers and team members to implement project schedule and ensure that milestones are met. Candidate will take an active role in preventing delays and ensuring that deliverables are completed according to schedules.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 10 years+ of leadership role with global business and system transformation project management experience
- Financial systems and data management experience including knowledge of tax and treasury functions and related software (ie Kyriba and other tax/treasury software.)
- Strong organizational, leadership, and learning and development skills required
- Change agent, ability to influence large scale complex programs and alignment with stakeholders
- Outstanding problem-solving and organization skills.
- Out-of-the-box thinker, decisive; experienced in and capable of leading change
- An excellent team player
- Excellent communication Skills
- Self-Starter and creative
- Experience implementing ERP in a complex organization is a must.
- Business Process Management techniques, tools and notations expert.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business, accounting, finance or related discipline. MBA preferred.
- 5-10 years’ experience in increasingly broader tax, treasury and accounting business or functional roles with a demonstrated track record of achievement and growth in leadership.
- Leadership role in tax, treasury and/or accounting transformation initiatives (People, Process, Technology).
- Certified Six Sigma or Certified Program Manager through a reputable organization such as PMI.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.