JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
At JUUL, the P Product Manager, Mobile will own definition, launch, and iteration of key components of the connected JUUL app experience, including features for the a habit management program. The mobile product, among other features, allows consumers to dictate how they want to use their JUUL (e.g., drop JUUL usage by 20% within the next 4 weeks), and then be guided by the app and device to achieve those goals as seamlessly as possible. The senior PM should be comfortable with (and experienced in) justifying product strategy and roadmap decisions to cross-functional executives, and will report to the Director of Product Management.
- Own a key component of the connected device mobile product roadmap, including user stories, feature definition, technical specs & pre- and post-launch testing/iteration. Key initiatives may include our onboarding, habit management, or youth prevention initiatives. The Senior PM will be expected to build a team to support her/him.
- Craft product roadmap based on long-term product vision, user needs, technical and market trends.
- Ensure that we have a comprehensive mobile product strategy for achieving JUUL’s vision and operating plan; justify the proposed product strategy & roadmap to executive cross-functional stakeholders.
- Understand and lead analyses of the competitive environment, our global customer base, and product metrics to determine the right set of features and enhancements to drive engagement and usage of the habit management program, while delivering on business goals.
- Work collaboratively with engineering, design, UX research to design, build, launch, test and iterate on features.
- Tirelessly advocate for the customer, both inside and outside of JUUL.
- 8+ years product management in a professional environment, minimum of 2 years experience with consumer products. Strong preference for experience with mobile apps, data-driven products, quantified-self products
- Management experience of direct reports
- Demonstrated ability to drive product planning, design & development, and launch
- Great executive presence and communication skills
- Great leadership and collaboration skills across technical and non-technical groups: your teammates love working with you on executing towards a joint vision
- Strong understanding of most recent trends in consumer apps for connected devices, including an interest & eye for great UI/UX design
- A demonstrable history of strong strategic thinking and excellent communication skills to both technical and non-technical audiences across all levels of the company; you are willing and eager to champion your plan amongst company execs
KEY CHARACTERISTICS NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS:
- Mission driven: we act in the best interest of the customer
- Deeply curious: we seek to understand, and ask “Why?” repeatedly
- Relentless and crystal-clear communication: we sniff out and resolve ambiguity
- Objective and analytical: we seek data and know the difference between facts and opinions
- Synthesis: inspiration comes from many sources. We work cross-functionally to bring out the best ideas and build the best possible plan
- Big plans, small ego: we’re committed to our vision, our plan, and our team
- Follow through: we do what we say we’ll do. We seek accountability for ourselves and expect it from others
- Servant leadership: we are strong cross-functional leaders. Our colleagues give us permission to lead not because the org chart dictates it, but because we’ve earned their respect by helping them to be the best they can be
- We get our hands dirty: plans are nothing without execution
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities