JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
JUUL is seeking a Senior Program Manger to support Country Launch Programs in its rapidly scaling global footprint.
As a part of this team, you will serve as the primary point of contact within the Global Supply Chain organization. You will work hand in hand with the Geo Leads, Demand Planning, Strategic Sourcing, Operations Program Managers, Operations and Automation Engineering, Manufacturing Quality, Logistics, Marketing, Product, and various other departments to meet all deadlines necessary to ensure an on-time launch.
The ideal candidate is analytical, client-focused, and a team player who will leverage experience planning, coordinating, and implementing inter-related projects to deliver the full scope of deliverables specific to country requirements. A candidate with strong operations experience who thrives on accountability and flawless execution will excel in this opportunity.
This position reports to the Director, Mfg NPI Management.
- Drive projects necessary to deliver successful national launches
- Drive alignment between global supply and country launch teams
- Coordinate functions within Global Supply (demand planning, manufacturing, operations engineering, supply chain, logistics etc.) to ensure all stakeholders are aligned and executing towards the Go-To-Market plan
- Manage dependencies across multiple inter-related projects to achieve country-specific requirements
- Use reporting and KPIs to drive accountability and minimize compressed schedules that impact production
- Build out process improvements associated with the country launch process, aimed at improving execution, communication
- Lead best practices in program management
- Lead activities to improve project templates, reporting dashboards and KPIs
- Report project status on a regular basis and over-communicate across all levels of the organization
- Mentor and lead team members. Coach on advanced critical thinking and structured problem solving, including proactively identifying process changes/ improvements.
- Develop next generation of leaders by increasing performance and contributions; help the overall business of JUUL to continuously evolve, improve and excel.
- Effectively partner with peer managers to ensure alignment on priorities, accountabilities, and objectives.
- Clearly articulate strategic drivers and removes barriers to support accountabilities.
- Act as backup for Director, Manufacturing NPI Program Management
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent project management, organization, and cross-functional team leadership skills.
- Strong ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects while maintaining accuracy and meeting deadlines; able to balance short-term, urgent needs with long-term strategic initiatives.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with product lifecycle and phase gate process
- 5-10 years of experience in global and complex manufacturing management.
- Experience with medical devices is a plus
- Fosters an environment of candor and support by demonstrating self-awareness, openness and approachability
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary, global teams
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal
- Is trustworthy and reliable; follows through with commitments.
- Is viewed by peers as a leader who can pull team together around a common goal and represent team to senior management.
- Ability to travel globally, 15-25%
Key Attributes Necessary for Success:
- Ability to drive execution and foster continuous improvement in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to develop team members.
- Ability to manage senior and junior team members.
- Ability to drive aggressive implementation plans and schedules.
- Ability to collaborate and partner with both internal and external key stakeholders.
- Advanced knowledge of manufacturing practices, program management, business operations, systems, organizational management, performance metrics (KPI) management and problem solving.
- Proficient in common office computer software.
- PMP Certification required
- BSc in Engineering, MBA or Master’s degree
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities