Senior Principal Scientist – Product Integrity
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We seek a dynamic, highly skilled, passionate, and experienced consumer product toxicologist.
This position will support toxicology functions associated with current products and development of new technologies consistent with JUUL current growth, innovation and harm reduction platforms, and provide support for efforts such as regulatory submissions. This important, highly technical position reports to the Director of Product Integrity and Toxicology in Global Regulatory Affairs at JUUL Labs.
The incumbent will develop pragmatic and scientifically defensible product safety assessment framework that aligns and supports human risk assessment and as needed reduced-risk substantiation. He/She will interact across functions including Product Development, Quality, Supply Chain and Regulatory Science/Affairs to ensure product safety assessment and associated processes are designed according to business goals and meets the quality and regulatory expectations.
- Provide Product Integrity support across products, materials, ingredients, technologies, manufacturing processes, etc. for JUUL.
- Establish and provide human health risk assessment approached to cross-functional activities across JUUL.
- Develop technical documents on various scientific, risk assessment, and regulatory topics.
- Monitor and address the complex toxicological and biological issues related to the ingredients and materials used in the production of the company’s products.
- As necessary, provide the company with opinions or recommendations related to the safe use of product components.
- Assist with preparation and/or review of materials supporting regulatory submissions.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- PhD in Toxicology, Pharmacology or related discipline, with a minimum of 15 years of postgraduate experiences (research or industry) or minimum of 10 years industry experience; DABT certification is desirable.
- Working knowledge on regulatory and safety studies of FDA-regulated products including consumer products, tobacco products, standardized or fit-for-purpose design, in various forms of test materials (individual ingredients, complex mixtures; particulates, aerosols) are highly beneficial; Experiences in regulatory dossier preparation is helpful.
- Solid understanding on the principle of tobacco harm reduction and scientific evidence published for potential reduced-risk products (e.g., e-vapor, heat-not-burn; tobacco) is essential.
- Experience conducting human safety assessments of consumer products, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, or chemicals.
- Excellent project management and team work skills.
- Proven record of external presentations and peer-review publications in topics related to tobacco harm reduction is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication skills.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Catered lunch, boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities