JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent e-cigarette, selling over four million JUULpods per month. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
Role and Responsibilities
In this highly visible Senior Manufacturing Engineer role, you will be part of a growing technical program management group in support of NPI automation development as well as sustaining programs and ensuring our solutions are ready for extremely high volume production. You will bring your knack and thirst to drive all technical and operational issues related to Automation, equipment and processes to ensure effective closure of all issues to enable success of the entire new product introduction cycle and into the mass production phase. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to building world-class manufacturing capabilities for an exciting San Francisco Bay Area-based company.
- Senior Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for a product line and will work with cross-functional NPI teams, suppliers and contract manufacturers for technical readiness for the product line.
- Understand technical aspects of our product (technical roadmap, product capabilities); our supply chain (automation, sourcing, factories) synthesize feedback from manufacturing partners and drive recommendations to the Product and Engineering teams.
- Act as a technical lead engineer to coordinate the yield improvement activities with cross functional teams and suppliers, drive failure analysis, corrective action implementation plan from engineering build to end of production and apply the learning to the next generation product.
- Identify technical challenges, review the new products, new process design and specification to ensure scalability.
- Manage end-to-end tool qualification (URS, FAT/SAT, Validation to Mass Production)
- Take ownership of process development and equipment designs - including requirements gathering, concepts generation and detailed design, analysis and verification testing, cross-functional reviews, and production release
- Monitor supplier and OEM’s yield performance, process critical to quality (CTQ) and take prompt actions for quality issues.
- Guide AE team to development and implementation of new technologies to enhance production quality, capacity and efficiency.
- Drive operation excellence standards across the company
Personal and Professional Qualifications
- 7+ years relevant work experience as a Senior Manufacturing Engineer
- 5+ years of experience working with engineering teams to deliver advance manufacturing solution for high volume manufacturing
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Demonstrable track record of managing a cross-functional team in order to achieve new product objectives inclusive of quality, yield, and cost
- Excellent leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to lead distributed technical teams
- Excellent project management skills, working in a matrix organization
- Provide regular VP level communication of technical health of program
- Must be a self-starter with innovation, integrity, and attention to details
- Preferred experience and working knowledge of the medical device regulated industry and other applicable manufacturing standards
- Ability to travel globally (~30%)
Key Attributes Necessary For Success
- Strong Analytical Mind
- Attention to Detail
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Flexible and dynamic team player
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical preferred). Advanced degree preferred.
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have the authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.
JUUL Labs Perks & Benefits
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities or in Mt. View, CA
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles