JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
Leads process improvement efforts leveraging Lean Manufacturing techniques at Juul’s Contract Manufacturers. Works closely with peers to support all manner of operational performance targets. Supports development of shop floor management systems. Provides necessary training and support to ensure CM teams can successfully perform the processes developed by the improvement teams. Monitors the effectiveness of the Lean activities and tracks relevant performance data. When necessary perform root cause analysis and create roadmaps to close gaps in performance.
This position is a Continuous Improvement role and will support all process improvement efforts. This position would report to the Senior Lean Leader.
- Develop and drive OEE, UPH and Yield improvements across all equipment in the organization
- Identify opportunities to improve production support processes and functions
- Identify internal resources to develop lean skillset to leverage impact
- Ensure the overall team meets or exceeds assigned goals, objectives, KPIs (key performance indicators) and other targets
- Work collaboratively, effectively and efficiently with all internal/external partners & stakeholders
- Participate, when needed/appropriate, in cross-functional or other project teams
- Effectively partner with peer managers to ensure alignment on priorities, accountabilities, and objectives
- Anticipates potential collaboration issues/opportunities across teams and collaborates with peer managers to resolve them proactively
- Is viewed as a process improvement expert by peers as a leader who can pull team together around a common goal and represent team to senior management
- Demonstrates and coaches team on the Lean toolkit and structured problem solving, including proactively identifying process changes/ improvements
- Clearly articulates strategic drivers and removes barriers to support accountabilities.
- Is trustworthy and reliable; follows through with commitments
- Engages in clear, two-way communication, listens actively and cultivates diversity of thought and perspective and dissenting views
- Fosters an environment of candor and support by demonstrating self-awareness, openness and approachability
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Skills and Experience Required:
- 3-5 years’ experience in manufacturing environment is required, high speed automation is a plus
- Demonstrated effectiveness in developing and implementing Lean Manufacturing concepts (facilitated/supported >50 lean events/projects)
- Must possess excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Must be able to communicate well with at multiple levels of the organization
- Must be a self-starter and be able to function in a semi-autonomous environment
- MTM-1 or MTM-UAS qualification is a plus
- FDA-related operations experience preferred, experience with medical devices is a plus
- Project management and cross-functional team leadership skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel globally if needed
- Strong ability to facilitate and prioritize multiple projects while meeting deadlines
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary, global teams.
Key Attributes Necessary for Success:
- Ability to perform line level performance analysis.
- Ability to develop process improvement plans.
- Ability to facilitate teams to implement improvement plans.
- Ability to collaborate and align with peer on operational goals.
- Ability to collaborate CM and internal key stakeholders.
- Advanced knowledge time motion studies and process to balance and improve production processes.
- BA/BS Degree in Industrial Engineering, or related field is preferred
- Certification in process improvement (e.g. Lean Expert and/or Black Belt, PMP) preferred.
- English & Chinese (Written & Spoken)
JUUL Perks & Benefits:
- A place to grow in your career, we’ll help you set objectives and meet them
- Supportive team members and hiring managers
- Generous referral bonuses
- Fully stocked snacks and drinks
- We’ll subsidize your monthly cellphone bill
- Discounts on JUUL products/devices
- We’ll equip you with a MacBook or Dell
- Full benefits (medical/dental/vision) for you and subsidized for your dependents-