Manufacturing Configuration Manager
at JUUL Labs
About JUUL Labs
James Monsees and Adam Bowen co-founded JUUL when they applied their background in product design to the challenge of finding a better alternative to smoking. They’d been smokers for many years, but they were increasingly dissatisfied with the health and social impacts of cigarettes. When they could find no attractive alternative to cigarettes, James and Adam recognized a groundbreaking opportunity to apply industrial design to the smoking industry, which had not materially evolved in over one hundred years. As smokers, they knew a viable alternative to cigarettes would have to offer nicotine satisfaction found in no other alternative on the market. It would also have to invite its own ritual. The result was JUUL.
This individual applies extensive organizational skills and knowledge both as an individual and as part of a team to assure that documents meet the needs of the organization as well as meeting regulatory requirements and quality assurance requirements in terms of manufacturing. The Configuration Manager is expected to provide significant guidance as well as hands on support in the development of new documents, procedures, and changes to existing procedures, processes, plans, and other manufacturing system documentations. Additionally this individual manages changes to documentation/PLM. New documents and document changes are entered into the documentation system, approvals are obtained and documents are distributed in a controlled manner.
This position reports directly to the Sr. Director of Worldwide Capacity Expansion
- Coordinate, develop and maintain manufacturing system documents, such as formatting documents, reviewing documents, assigning approvals to produce effective manufacturing documentation (bill of materials and engineering specifications) through PLM system
- Develop documentation proposals to prioritize new product introduction or site expansion activities
- Ensures integrity of documentation during new product introduction, equipment validation or site expansion to provide guidance to raw materials purchases and early manufacturing activities
- Assists in the updating of documentation activities as needed.
- Establishes procedures for and implements the introduction of changes to engineering documents
- Produces engineering documents and specifications for projects
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills and Experience Required:
- 3 years of experience with document control system. Minimum 1 year of experience with electromechanical devices that include hardware and firmware
- Prior medical device work experience. Must be aware of ISO 13485 Quality System
- Understanding of basic principles of all phases of the PLM system
- Excellent project management and cross-functional team leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to travel globally, 10% to 20%.
- Strong ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects while maintaining accuracy and meeting deadlines; able to balance short-term, urgent needs with long-term strategic initiatives.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary, global teams
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal
Key Attributes Necessary for Success:
- Ability to drive execution and foster continuous improvement.
- Ability to drive aggressive implementation plans and schedules
- Ability to collaborate and partner with both internal and external stakeholders
- Proven knowledge of business operations, systems, organizational management, performance metrics (KPI) management and problem solving
- Proficient in common office computer software
- BA/BS Degree with 3 years on Document Control/PLM
JUUL Perks & Benefits:
- A place to grow in your career, we’ll help you set objectives and meet them
- Supportive team members and hiring managers
- Generous referral bonuses
- Fully stocked snacks and drinks
- We’ll subsidize your monthly cellphone bill
- Discounts on JUUL products/devices
- We’ll equip you with a MacBook or Dell
- Full benefits (medical/dental/vision) for you and subsidized for your dependents