Capacity Expansion - Senior Program Manager
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
Develops and implements programs and projects to support supply fulfilment strategies and plans. Coordinates with other functions internally within JUUL the equipment and materials readiness to support equipment moves, new equipment setup or new facility setup. Achieves strategic objectives across functional groups through multi-level stakeholder interaction. Develops tactical plans and completes complex assignments with minimal supervision or review. Provides comprehensive solutions to complex problems. End results are evaluated on achieving goals and objectives. Extensive contact with internal stakeholders at multiple levels and external suppliers is required to obtain, clarify or provide facts and information.
This position reports to the Sr. Director of Capacity Expansion.
- Ensure the team meets or exceeds assigned goals, objectives, KPIs (key performance indicators) and other targets.
- Works collaboratively, effectively and efficiently with all internal/external partners & stakeholders. Strong skills to communicate at the Sr. Leadership level
- Participate, as and when needed/appropriate, in cross-functional or other project teams; helping the overall business of JUUL to continuously evolve, improve and excel.
- Effectively partner with peer managers to ensure alignment on priorities, accountabilities, and objectives.
- Anticipates potential collaboration issues/opportunities across teams and collaborate with peer managers to resolve them proactively.
- Communicates the importance of compliance and fosters an environment where teams feel safe to report issues as necessary.
- Is viewed by peers as a leader who can pull teams together around a common goal and represent team to senior management.
- Demonstrates and coaches team on advanced critical thinking and structured problem solving, including proactively identifying process changes/ improvements.
- Clearly articulates strategic drivers and removes barriers to support accountabilities
- Is trustworthy and reliable; follows through with commitments
- Develops the next generation of leaders by increasing performance and contributions from their team
- Engages in clear, two-way communication, listens actively and cultivates diversity of thought and perspective and dissenting views
- Fosters an environment of candor and support by demonstrating self-awareness, openness and approachability
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5 -7 years of experience in global and complex manufacturing management, including experience managing the new product introduction process. Experience with medical devices is a plus.
- Excellent project management and cross-functional team leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to travel globally, 25% to 40%.
- Strong ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects while maintaining accuracy and meeting deadlines; able to balance short-term, urgent needs with long-term strategic initiatives.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary, global teams
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal
KEY ATTRIBUTES NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS:
- TEMPLATE----Ability to drive execution and foster continuous improvement in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to develop team members.
- Ability to manage senior and junior team members.
- Ability to drive aggressive implementation plans and schedules.
- Ability to collaborate and partner with both internal and external key stakeholders.
- Advanced knowledge of business operations, systems, organizational management, performance metrics (KPI) management and problem solving.
- Proficient in common office computer software.
- BA/BS Degree; MBA or Master’s degree preferred. Degree in Business Management, Operations Management or Engineering is preferred.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles-