JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs is seeking an experienced technical writer to join its digital operations team. This technical writer loves to problem solve, dig into big, ongoing projects, and turn chaos into order., They are excited to join a fast-growing team of software developers, digital product managers, and ecommerce store administrators.
This technical writer is self-motivated, flexible, and not afraid of the unknown. Right now, the documentation team is small. This technical writer should be comfortable preparing for and accommodating new team members.
As a technical writer on the digital operations team, you will:
- Create and evangelize technical content around our internal eCommerce and digital tooling.
- Pinpoint and document complex business processes for a fast-moving digital team.
- Work with web developers to document upcoming features on a Ruby on Rails web application (with a React frontend).
- Build out documentation infrastructure to make your colleagues' lives a bit easier!
- Contribute to customer- and vender-facing documentation as JUUL launches in new markets.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3+ years of experience creating software documentation for business end users.
- Expertise in standard technical communication practices and content development.
- Familiarity with how web applications and databases work.
- Experience interviewing and extracting knowledge from developer and product subject matter experts.
- The ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines.
We prefer candidates with the following experience:
- Previous experience with eCommerce systems.
- Experience creating videos, screencasts, tutorials, as well as microcopy and other in-app helptext.
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails 5 and React.
- Familiarity with Markdown (GitHub-flavored or otherwise).
- Experience using tools like Git and Confluence to produce documentation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred but not required
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Victoria, BC, SF or NYC