JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
Communications and Government Affairs Officer - Ireland
JUUL Labs Ireland is seeking an ambitious, driven and hard-working PR professional to join its fast-growing Irish operation as Communications and Government Affairs Officer. This is a permanent position and the successful applicant will be based in Dublin. We are seeking a proactive and self-driven individual, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal); a sound knowledge of current affairs; excellent organisational, planning and time management skills; the ability to work individually and as part of a team; and the ability to write concisely, accurately and quickly.
The Communications and Government Affairs Officer will play a pivotal role in the delivery of JUUL’s overall mission in Ireland, working on all internal and external communications, and corporate and public affairs functions for JUUL in Ireland. They will have responsibility for implementing a full range of internal and external communications strategies, including corporate, government, regulatory and crisis management with a view to protecting and enhancing JUUL’s reputation and brand. They will develop and foster strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including customers, colleagues, key journalists, politicians, policy makers and opinion formers. Knowledge of the local media and a strong understanding of the regulatory landscape is essential. The successful candidate will also manage the relevant external corporate agencies serving the business.
- Deliver the integrated communications strategy to enhance the corporate brand and support JUUL’s mission in partnership with the Communications and Government Affairs Director.
- Collaborate with communication teams in London and San Francisco to ensure alignment and consistency of message across markets.
- Build and maintain targeted media relations to develop JUUL’s mission and story in the national media, ensuring that the company’s point of view is fairly represented.
- Daily media monitoring and reporting, covering JUUL coverage and market intelligence and drafting responses when required.
- Identify and execute key media placements, PR activities/campaigns, speaking events and opportunities to enhance the JUUL Mission and messaging.
- Sell-in media stories and correct / update media to ensure balance, while fielding media queries.
- Event planning and organisation, preparation of concise documentation (press releases, presentations, briefing notes) and research documents.
- Build and maintain targeted public and governmental relations, charity relations and industry body engagement.
- Deliver the government contact programme to ensure successful engagement strategy, and liaise with senior political leaders and senior government officials on business related public policy issues.
- Manage external agency relationships where relevant and manage individual projects, budgets and events.
- 4+ years PR or media agency experience essential
- Experience of working in an agile, fast-paced environment.
- Confident communicator and presenter
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Full understanding of media needs and media relationships
- Proactive, reliable, responsible and accurate, with outstanding attention to detail
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach
- Knowledge of current affairs and Irish media landscape
- Project management experience
- Native English speaker with fluent verbal and written English essential
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career by leading our international eCommerce initiatives. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Cell phone subsidy
- Commuter benefits
- Free JUUL products