JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Retail Manager is fully responsible for Flagship/Pop ups, Shop in Shop, and other retail formats concept operationalization, implementation and execution in cooperation with the respective local retail partners and agencies
Fully responsible for local retail strategy implementation in line with global company guidance’s and mission to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers
Works closely with the respective retail partners to achieve and monitor agreed annual shop format execution targets considering the defined JUUL qualitative and quantitative objectives.
Closely cooperates with local Marketing, EMEA Retail Teams to ensure retail local plan is aligned with Brand Positioning, Brand Book guidance’s, brand strategic imperatives to drive recruitment through trial, education and executional excellence.
Aligns retail / shop in shop country goals and has full accountability of P&L including OPEX, revenue stream generation.
Drives development of centre of excellence for variety of purposes: Ambassadors trainings and programs, Media, Opinion Leaders meetings and dialog, Customers/Consumers showroom experience and conferences.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR OWNED RETAIL:
Explores the opportunity and develops a business case for a JUUL Germany owned retail shop strategy
In case of viability of owned retail, hires, develops and drives engagement of entire Retail Team, implements strategy, hires supporting agencies and retail architectural support
Develops and implements retail performance management: sales forecasts model, customer service, management KPIs and finally full stores P&L.
Sets up entity, implement real estate, establish highly professional staff and stores managers, consultants, and ensure outstanding customer service level.
With consultation with Supply Chain, influences inventory management and replenishment process ensuring that stores are carrying correct levels of inventory
Creates manpower plan & labour schedules. Recruit, train, develop, and motivate retail team to be the best in the industry.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Several years’ relevant work experience in Retail with proven successful track record, international background
- Experience with design, and leading agency work, to deliver against globally consistent, locally relevant retail formats
- Comfortable with both strategy and execution
- Highly skilled in project management, organizational skill, reporting, leading with numbers and multitasking skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Interpersonal skills (excellent presentation, communication, negotiation and influencing skills)
- Test and learning mindset
- Be comfortable with rapidly changing environment with diverse needs and projects
- Self-starter, goal-oriented, focused and excellent time management
- Resourceful and able to work independently and effectively in a team.
- Min Master’s /MBA degree in Business / Finance/ Economy / Marketing
- Fluent in English
- Strong Retail Knowledge
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits