JUUL was founded by former smokers, James and Adam, with the goal of improving the lives of the one billion adult smokers. We envision a world where fewer people use cigarettes, and where people who smoke cigarettes have the tools to reduce or eliminate their consumption entirely, should they so desire.
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
The Sr. Director, Digital and eCommerce Marketing will lead JUUL’s below-the-line marketing channels including JUUL.com, the JUUL Community, Email and any other new channel. The focus will be on leveraging JUUL experiences to dimensionalize the brand and support consumer engagement across the globe. It will be this person’s job to lead enable a holistic consumer experience to support our customers at every step of their transition and to establish global frameworks and programs that support the JUUL brand worldwide.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the DTC marketing team to manage JUUL.com experiences, JUUL Community, Email
- Partner with Global Brand, our Technology Team and Regional marketing teams to establish program content across all channels to ensure that we deliver a consistent experience at all touch points
- Drive traffic and revenue growth on JUUL.com and ensure commerce experiences and delivering a world-class purchase experience
- Ensure company mission, brand messaging and commerce are represented in consumer touchpoints
- Establish global frameworks to ensure successful new country activations including brand consistency across all channels
- Develop consumer journeys that personalize the experience based on a person’s needs – from initial brand consideration to trial, first 30 days to on-going loyalty
- Lead coordinated go to market strategy across channels - including product launches, brand campaigns, community events, performance marketing, and PR
- Ensure market adhere to brand guidelines while allowing for regional exceptions
- Monitor growth and provide reports to Executive leadership on how to track progress and optimize our marketing programs in different territories
- Coordinate with local teams to implement marketing plans, including promotional calendars and programs, new product introductions and other marketing projects
- Set up foundational global frameworks that allow the company to scale during country launch, product launch, customer acquisition
- Work closely with the product management team to define marketing materials and programs that facilitate international growth
- Additional duties as assigned
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- 10+ years of experience
- Experience developing and implementing international programs, activities, and marketing strategies is required.
- Excellent project management, relationship building, organizational, and interpersonal skills are essential
- Proven ability to work independently and use good judgment in decision making
- Strong strategic, analytical, problem-solving and project management abilities
- Must have strong communication skills including the ability to present ideas and reports to a large group of people
- Must be self-directed with a strong sense of initiative
- Proven organizational skills along with the ability to multitask, prioritize workloads and meet deadlines.
- Ability to travel outside the U.S. on company business.
KEY ATTRIBUTES NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS
- Must be a skilled and persuasive communicator to delegate and collaborate cross-functionally including marketing, sales, executive team and across geographies
- Must be able to work flexible hours to accommodate international hours
- Previous startup experience is ideal but not necessary
- Previous eCommerce experience is a huge bonus
- Confidence + experience (ready to drive the process forward without a lot of hand-holding)
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have the authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.