JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG, and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are looking for an experienced Payroll Manager to lead the provision of China payroll. The role will have overall responsibility for payroll in China.
The Payroll Manager will form part of the Finance team and work closely with both regional and local People teams to deliver an efficient payroll service to all employees.
This is an evolving role which will initially be focused on working as part of a Project team to create policies and procedures. Once the processes and policies are in place, there will be an ongoing requirement to ensure 100% compliance, accuracy and on-time payments.
- Daily support to Employees and People Team members on all payroll queries
- Build relationships with payroll providers ensure processes are in place to enable efficient & effective end to end payroll processes
- Work with the People Operations Team to ensure accurate employee data is maintained in the HR system
- Resolve all errors and payment queries to ensure the payrolls run accurately and on time
- Work with Finance team members to ensure appropriate review & sign-off before payments are made
- Support for all tax year-end and benefits reporting, as well as engagement with regulatory authorities and workers councils (If applicable).
- Ensure compliance with local employee security requirements and other agreed processes and principles
- Perform basic accounting /book-keeping functions for the 2-3 entities in China
- Record expenses and other transactions
- Manage local statutory audits/compliance
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience of managing a full payroll offering for China
- Experience of ADP is desirable
- Strong knowledge of payroll legislation in multiple states and provinces.
- Working knowledge of tax and statutory deductions
- Worked in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Intermediate level of Excel skill
- MS Access, SQL and Excel Macro programing a plus.
- Must be fluent in Mandarin and second language, preferably English
- Able to travel 20% of the time mainly within China
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, China