JUUL was founded by former smokers, James and Adam, with the goal of improving the lives of the one billion adult smokers. We envision a world where fewer people use cigarettes, and where people who smoke cigarettes have the tools to reduce or eliminate their consumption entirely, should they so desire.
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL is seeking a Global Media Director for its rapidly scaling business. As part of the Global Marketing team, you will be responsible for driving media strategies and campaigns across the globe to build the brand and scale the business.
The ideal candidate has the complete package – experienced, highly organized, results-oriented, passionate about media with 8-10 years of media leadership experience in the CPG, tech, biotech, alcohol, or medical device industries or other regulated industry.
- Develop integrated, strategic media programs that serve multiple functions (marketing, sales, government affairs and communications) to develop the JUUL brand and grow the business
- Serve as key global media contact and lead global to geo discussions on media strategies, programs and ongoing growth strategies
- End-to-end oversight and management of media programs, including strategy, planning, buying, operations, optimization and reporting
- Lead and manage a team of global media specialists (Planners, Strategists, Ad Ops, etc.)
- Responsible for media campaign contribution to overall brand building and business goals
- Experienced working across a global landscape and understanding requirements of a highly regulated product
- Highly experienced overseeing global media strategies across with an emphasis on traditional media (Television, Radio, Print, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of performance/direct media programs to drive direct relationships
- Cross-functional collaboration with strategy, creative, and technology teams to drive engagement for all areas of the marketing funnel, from awareness to post-purchase
- Develop Media Plans including KPI models and data measurement plans to track metrics and pipeline activity across clients for deeper analytics and insights
- Deep understanding of the media targets including consumer segmentation personas
- Enable programs that leverage the newest technologies and techniques to deliver highly targeted messages to our adult smoker audience
- Manage client relationships at the senior level; work to foster long-term relationships
- Partner with Analytics team to develop measurement plan and report progress to executives
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 8-10+ years of media experience and team management for at least 5 years
- Experience with AdTech and MarTech tools and platforms across the demand generation/paid media landscape
- Must be a confident self-starter, team player, innovative problem solver and be able to manage in a highly fluid environment
- Must be able to “go deep” with leadership/decision makers on proposed media programs
- Need to be attentive to detail, resourceful, work well under pressure and have strong communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills, ability to establish credibility and trust with senior clients and agency leadership
- High degree of efficiency; extreme focus on attention to detail while delivering against tight deadlines
- Mastery of Excel, Keynote, PowerPoint; ability to produce polished, error-free executive reports and slide presentations
- Consultative mindset and strong persuasive skills and ability to gain consensus through the influence
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit and passion to drive without a lot of hand-holding
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Marketing or equivalent media experience
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have the authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.