JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent e-cigarette, selling over four million JUUL pods per month. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals. We are expanding in North America region and are assembling a local San Francisco-based team to support that growth.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting into the Director of Logistics EMEA the Inventory Control Specialist will be dedicated to the logistics team in all operational and logistical matters. Primary responsibilities will be ensuring security and accountability of inventory through transaction documentation, process and procedure verification, and system review. Audits incoming and outgoing shipments to assure quality and accuracy. Develops and maintains metrics and KPIs. Accountable for ensuring that accurate material transactions take place, investigating discrepancies, coordinate cycle counts, and providing a high level of customer service. Duties also include writing and updating SOPs, evaluating current processes and providing improvement recommendations. There is a high degree of customer and interdepartmental communications required with attention to detail.
This individual must possess great attention to detail, meticulous organization skills, and a strong desire and ability to work within a dynamic, fast paced environment with the expectation of the role consistently growing and expanding.
Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Key areas of responsibility: cycle counting, data reporting, analysis, and reconciliation of discrepancies.
- Compiles and documents all transactions for data entry.
- Performs root cause analysis of inventory errors, identifies corrective action.
- Responsible for overseeing the internal control process for inventory and weekly reconciliation of raw components and finished goods.
- Develops and coordinates inventory product and traffic flow, aligning with warehouse storage capacity.
- Plays key role in organizing and executing monthly cycle counts and annual physical inventory.
- Performs material analysis to assure material availability at the need date, keeping low inventory level and high inventory turnovers
- Performs Root Cause analysis and solution proposal for inventory discrepancies.
- Facilitates usage of slow moving and obsolete inventory.
- Leads the integrity of the inventory by assisting in verification of item number, description, unit of measure, and other specificities
- Enters and verifies transactions in ERP system, including adjustments and manual receipts.
- Works with finance in resolving inventory discrepancies with impact to inventory.
- Works collaboratively with team to resolve any discrepancies.
- Regularly interfaces with other departments and internal customers.
- Identifies areas of improvement and works collaboratively with other departments to drive resolution.
- Assists in creating and putting together SOP documents for team as necessary for each identified process for the team.
- Works as onsite lead to assist teams with questions and provide direction and resolution. Escalates as necessary.
- Participates in continuous improvement events and drive improvement initiatives
- Responsible for month end close activities per JUUL SOP
- Assists in other logistics duties as needed
- BA/BS Degree; Degree in Business management or Supply Chain Management preferred
- Superb organizational skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Naturally energetic, positive and customer service-oriented in a fast-paced, rapid-growth environment
- Proactive self-starter with a penchant for creative problem-solving and excellent team-working skills
- Strong written and verbal communicator
- Ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization and across all functions
- Quick to learn new tools and technologies; interest and experience using technology to improve work efficiency
- Proficient in Google and Microsoft Office
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of Central London