JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent e-cigarette, selling over four million JUUL pods per month. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Senior Mechanical Engineering on the Advanced Technology Platforms team, this position will be responsible for co-architecting new product platforms that integrate the technology building blocks researched in our R&D team. You will be integrating new product concepts that merge our current product learnings and new technology building blocks working closely with other members of the R&D engineering staff to create proposals to difficult design, fluid flow, structural, thermal, and battery life issues. You should be comfortable sketching and prototyping new ideas and versed in rigorous high volume product design and engineering. May lead and direct the work of others.
- Integrate with cross-functional teams in materials, electrical engineering, ID, and product management to create leading edge products. Lead the development of the mechanical product architecture but heavily influence other disciplines as well.
- Detailed design of mechanical components, including complex assemblies and sub-systems.
- Conduct rapid feasibility studies to prove out mechanical, fluids,and system performance in the design for mechanical robustness, schedule, and cost.
- Oversee internal and external prototyping.
- Facilitate design reviews.
- Work with ID to assess product features for trade offs of technology and DFM fit with ID goals and anticipate capable processes, equipment, etc.
- Collaborate with local and overseas engineering and manufacturing teams to qualify tooling and define visual quality requirements.
- Root cause analysis and corrective action implementation as a result of build issues and reliability testing.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 10-15 years of experience in designing a variety of consumer and medical products using a broad range of processes and materials
- Experienced in launching products directly with system and part suppliers for product NPI efforts including identifying suppliers, DFM, tooling kick-off, tool bring-up, and tool/part qualification and product bringup and validation.
- Experience with creative and rigorous high volume microfluidics, thermal solutions, injection molding, stamping, plating, extrusions, CNC operations in the context of product development and manufacture.
- Has completed multiple product development cycles on e-liquid and other cigarette alternative products
- Experience with the development and integration of electro-mechanical components, such as flex circuits, batteries, and antenna.
- Proficient in Solidworks
- Experience in the areas of: Tolerance Analysis, FEA, Thermal Design, DFMEA, DFA, etc.
- Expertise in 3D MCAD, Solidworks preferred.
- An ability to communicate well with cross-functional team members, efficiently collaborate to achieve project goals, and contribute positively to the engineering community.
- Domestic and international travel up to 25%.
- BS in Product Design, Mechanical Engineering, a related discipline, or demonstrated equivalent experience. MS in engineering preferred.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C