JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We seek a dynamic, highly skilled, and passionate QA Engineer, to support our firmware development activities. This important, technical position reports to the Director of QA in the Engineering organization at JUUL Labs. This is a hands-on role requiring a thorough understanding of quality assurance processes, test development, and with bringing best of class products to market.
You’ll focus on testing our devices and applications helping to ensure that what we develop aligns with internally communicated requirements and the needs of our users. You’ll be responsible for verifying that what we develop maintains a streamlined user experience with a high bar for quality and stability. Additionally, the position works with new product development teams to support high-value engineering activities. The person in this role should be a strong communicator who is able to work effectively with peers and management alike in a high-paced global environment. We are looking for someone who is flexible and can respond quickly, energetically, and enthusiastically to changes. The QA Engineer will work alongside the firmware and mobile apps teams and other resources inside JUUL Labs. We are looking for a highly motivated and talented individual who will be responsible for bringing best practices in quality assurance that will bring these hardware products to the next level.
- Creation of comprehensive test plans that focus on end to end workflows from a user perspective.
- Analyze root cause failure and enhance test coverage.
- Conduct testing using automated resources to gather critical data for the engineering team.
- Coordinate external test programs with parties responsible for recruiting participants and gathering feedback.
- Work closely with EPM’s to ensure that schedules and QA requirements are aligned.
- Creatively identify opportunities for gathering and analyzing data that leads to material improvements in our engineering programs.
- Creation of bugs in issue tracking system, and test reports.
- Preparation of test related information for product readiness reviews.
- Act as an extension of teams needing additional QA support as needed.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years working in a QA related role.
- Experience testing firmware.
- Experience testing connected devices.
- Experience testing mobile apps.
- Understanding of manufacturing is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of bug reporting and source control tools such as JIRA and Git.
- Previous experience with medical devices or other regulated products is desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate complex engineering concepts to less technical contributors.
- Self-motivated, team player, with a strong desire to learn new skills and grow.
- Ability to multitask and focus on detailed problems with the tenacity to drive issues until resolved.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical field. Associate’s degree with significant experience will be considered. Master’s degree is a plus.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles