JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
Reporting to the Reliability Engineering Manager - Mountain View, the candidate will work within the Reliability Engineering team supporting Product Development. The Reliability Test Engineer will be responsible for product qualification and characterization testing, including developing, documenting, and implementing product test protocols (fixturing, instrumenting, scripting, and environmental chamber control profile setting). This is a hands-on position.
- Develop and implement methods and techniques to test product reliability. Document test protocols and release those through the documentation control system.
- Design/maintain test fixtures, instrumentation, and automation for lab test.
- Collaborate with hardware, firmware, and reliability engineers to assure test approaches target appropriate risks and failure modes.
- Understand technical specifications, deliver test protocols, develop waterfall test suites.
- Monitor devices under test and use test equipment to detect nonconformities.
- Formally maintain test data files and report test status and non-conformances to the engineering team.
- Support the supplier qualification process for new or modified components, materials or processes.
- 5+ years’ hardware test engineering, preferably for consumer electronics
- Ability to effectively communicate and work cross-functionally
- Experience with Environmental Testing, Mechanical Stress Tests: Shock/Drop/Vibration HALT, HASS and Life test experience is desirable
- Experience creating formal test protocols and schedules
- Experience performing lab testing of components, PCBAs, batteries, sensors, etc.
- Experience working with Contract Manufacturers and managing 3rd-party test labs
- Experience with test scripting using Python is desired
- Must be able to travel internationally up to 25% of the time
- Must be physically able to lift items weighing 40+ lbs. and be able to stand or sit for prolonged periods working with computers and test equipment
- BS degree in a technical field or industry required
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles