JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
JUUL Labs is seeking outstanding candidates for the Behavioral Affairs Operations Manager position. This position supports research operations in the Behavioral Science and Interventions team and will be responsible for the creation of key processes and workflows to optimize the analysis, generation, and dissemination of behavioral research evidence while working closely with internal stakeholders and a global team of experts.
Behavioral Science and Interventions Team:
The Behavioral Science and Interventions Team is housed within the Department of Medical and Clinical Affairs. Across JUUL we are extremely mission-driven and carefully consider how user and product characteristics, physiology, and customer experience can improve smokers’ ability to change behavior. A key element in supporting JUUL’s public health mission is a world-class behavioral research and intervention team. The research context is fast-paced and highly dynamic, and successful candidates will demonstrate leadership on assigned duties, creative problem solving, flexibility, emotional maturity, attention to details and the ability to effectively communicate and interact with individuals from a wide range of backgrounds. With a wealth of data and analytic resources drawn from domestic and international projects at their disposal, the team is charged with addressing cutting-edge questions associated with tobacco control, vaping, smoking cessation and vulnerable populations.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Behavioral Affairs Operations Manager will report to the Senior Director of Behavioral Affairs and will work closely with the senior management of the Department of Medical and Clinical Affairs, as well the Operations Managers for other research teams within the Department. A key function of this position will be to lead the development of workflow and project management processes. Using project management knowledge and experience, and with guidance and direction from the supervisor and/or functional leads, the Behavioral Affairs Operations Manager plans and executes all operational aspects (timeline, tasks, budget reforecasts, prioritization, regulatory compliance and reporting) for projects/programs activities and deliverables, primarily for the Behavioral Research Team.
- Teams: Functions as a liaison between functional areas in order to facilitate project planning and project delivery on a global, regional or local level. Provides support to, or between, functional areas which may include meeting logistics as well as the creation of templates, working and best practices, tracking and monitoring tools (in Microsoft Project) and general training support. Along with members of the Behavioral Research Team, leads timeline, “Efforts” and budget reforecast meetings within functions.
- Planning and Tracking: Utilizes project management techniques to identify, develop and maintain planning tools, in support of the assigned functional areas/programs in order to ensure standardization, planning and coordination across disciplines and programs. Develops good communication and working relationships with department leaders, line managers and individuals within each functional group.
- Collaborations: Supports and coordinates joint collaboration meetings, tools and communications in order to optimize the collaboration environment.
- Information: Maintains project files to reflect up-to-date timing of projects and ensures that project files are maintained with required tags for reporting.
- Communication: Ensures effective, accurate and timely communication within or across departments or functional areas. Responsible for regular reporting and dashboard updates to partners both within and outside the organization.
- Problem Solving: Actively identify project challenges/risks and implement appropriate actions within the function or department. Continuous improvement mindset; effective interpersonal skills. Assists with defining and document working / best practices that can be used across other projects.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Working knowledge of project management techniques and concepts as they apply to public health and behavioral research strongly preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in an operational role managing and leading teams in public health and/or behavioral research
- Depth of experience understanding factors necessary for effective and compliant behavioral research, scientific communication and knowledge transfer
- Core competencies: Action oriented and organized. Demonstrates excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with team members with tact and diplomacy. Handles multiple projects and priorities with excellent time management skills (both project and self).
- Familiarity with relevant software: JIRA, Smartsheet, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, in addition to general knowledge of shared work environments. DBM experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree with 3+ years of relevant project management experience with focus in business, operations management, workstream management preferred
JUUL Labs Perks & Benefits:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Catered lunch, boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have the authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.