JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent e-cigarette, selling over four million JUULpods per month. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Senior DFx Engineer
In this highly visible role, you will manage and drive strong DFx practices to support Operations Engineering initiatives via component best design practices for extremely high-volume production. You will bring your knack and thirst to drive and close all technical issues related to component designs that are optimized for automation assembly to ensure high yielding assemblies out the door. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to building world-class manufacturing capabilities for an exciting San Francisco Bay Area-based company.
- Strong working knowledge of stamping, extrusion, plastic molding, thermo-form, flex circuits, CNC machining, insert and over molding.
- A proven understanding of the link between component design and assembly via manual and automation systems.
- Will have a background of statistical methods of data analysis and be data driven.
- Ability to perform complex tolerance analysis.
- Deep understanding of GD&T and ability to apply/understand inspection methodologies based on this.
- Must possess thorough knowledge of the processes and materials used to create mechanical and electro-mechanical components and assemblies.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and non-verbal.
- An outgoing personality with the ability to work constructively with others through differences of opinion.
- Understand technical aspects of our product (technical roadmap, product capabilities); our supply chain (automation, sourcing, factories) synthesize feedback from manufacturing partners and drive recommendations to the Product and Engineering teams.
- Inspire Operation / Supply chain teams to innovate, implement and deploy world class manufacturing capabilities in mission-critical environment.
- Identify technical challenges, review the new products, new process design and specification to ensure scalability.
- Drive operation excellence standards across the company.
- Ability to travel globally (~30%).
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 10+ years in advanced DFx responsibilities in high volume manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple concurrent and often conflicting priorities.
- Demonstrated track record of managing a cross-functional team in order to achieve new product objectives inclusive of quality, yield, and cost.
- The successful candidate must be able to handle ambiguity in problem definition and have strong engineering and business values.
- Excellent project management skills, working in a matrix organization
- Must be a self-starter with innovation, integrity, and attention to details.
- Experience working with engineering teams that deliver automation solutions for high volume manufacturing is a plus.
KEY ATTRIBUTES NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS:
- Strong Analytical Mind
- Attention to Detail
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Flexible and dynamic team player
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical preferred). Advanced degree preferred.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have the authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles