JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in drug development, pharma and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission to reduce the harm caused by tobacco. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position will support preclinical characterization of JUUL products and participate in the development of a world-class inhalation biology/toxicology lab. Specifically:
- Help develop biochemical, immunological and cell-based assays to measure endpoints related to pharmacology and toxicology.
- Characterize the performance (sensitivity, specificity, reproducibility) of these assays as per FDA guidance.
- Work with contract organizations to transfer, validate and manage execution of these assays.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years industry experience or 3+ years and a MA in Cell Biology, Immunology, Biochemistry or related field.
- Extensive mammalian cell culture experience.
- Experience with primary cell culture, air-liquid interface and respiratory tissues would be a plus.
- Practical experience with flow-cytometry and microscopy (standard and UV).
- Interest and experience in aerosol administration systems is a plus as is enjoying tinkering with devices.
- Good command of data analysis software such as Prism, Excel, SigmaPlot or similar is required.
- Strong commitment to solid lab work and data.
- Good verbal and written communication skills essential
- BS, BA or MA in Cell Biology, Immunology, Biochemistry or related field.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Catered lunch, boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles