JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
As part of the Data team, you will help to help build out and implement systems, data, reports and analyses that are critical to the success of JUUL. This is a unique opportunity to help shape the outcome for a rapidly growing company through its ability to capture, process and use its data.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The ideal candidate will have a passion regarding Human Resources and how to utilize data to help drive actionable decisions. This role will be instrumental as JUUL continues to expand in size, both regionally and globally, and ensure that we are leveraging best practices. The candidate will help to gather data in our current environment and help to define futurestate system and data modeling decisions.
- Contribute ideas, design and algorithms that will influence people outcomes across JUUL; Design and execute experiments to test them
- Gather, understand and utilize market related data for compensation and equity analyses
- Understand and translate business needs into data modeling initiatives
- Produce results from analyses that will be used to drive compensation recommendations, talent management decisions, and changes to the fundamental delivery of HR services across JUUL
- Communicate complex statistical concepts to non-technical audience in both written and verbal mediums; Provide coaching and training on use and interpretation of data
- Influence human resources and senior business leaders through strong communication skills and deep subject matter expertise in order to turn insights into action and impact
- Develop understanding of JUUL data environment and build relationships with key local and global stakeholders (partners, customers, and broader analytics community)
- Collaborate with subject matter experts across HR and the business
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience delivering models and algorithms that drive business decisions and improve business outcomes
- Previous HR experience is nice to have, but should have a strong desire to work in the domain
- Proficiency in one or both of R and python
- Fluency in SQL and RDBMS
- Experience developing shared code (e.g., git and unit testing, programming patterns, libraries/packages) and creating data pipelines
- Proficiency with classical statistics and machine learning approaches to fitting models and estimating their performance
- Experience creating data visualizations and dashboards that distill complex analyses into meaningful and accessible insights and recommendations. Tableau knowledge a plus.
- Presentation, influencing, and storytelling skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage projects independently. Self-starter/self-motivated, capable of staying on track and pursuing solutions without close supervision
- Ability to collaborate and communicate project status to both technical and non-technical team members and client representatives
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Masters Degree or PhD in a quantitative field (Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science, Operations Research, Biostatistics, etc)
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities