JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join our FP&A team focused on Regional Commercial Finance. This role will report to JUUL’s Sr. Manager of Regional Commercial Finance and partner directly with leaders in our sales, trade marketing, and customer success organizations. The Sr. Financial Analyst will support regional P&L planning, management and reporting. In addition, the role will manage ad hoc work requested from our regional sales VPs, including analysis on rebate and promotion management with customers. Ideal candidates will have 3-5 years of experience in corporate finance, preferably with a consumer packaged goods business, experience working with a sales organization, and a strong interest in building a world class sales finance function at a fast growing manufacturing business.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Working directly with sales, trade marketing, and customer success organizations to support regional P&L planning, spend execution and reporting
- Partnering with leaders across the commercial organization to manage bottoms-up budgets, forecasting, and reconciliation
- Ad hoc work as needed from our sales organization, including customer rebate and promotion management
- Becoming a trusted financial partner for regional sales teams regarding all aspects of their budget management, customers’ needs, and JUUL’s sales policies
- Developing, improving and automating JUUL’s regional sales reporting framework
- Aiding the Company in making better decisions and communicating more effectively with our sales organization and our customers
- Ensuring that our systems are setup to enable JUUL to properly analyze performance at a regional level
- Participating as a member of our FP&A team in improving the Company’s finance and accounting processes as they relate to net revenue and commercial spend, including our month-end close process, real-time reporting, and monthly forecasting
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience partnering with sales and/or marketing teams to forecast and manage commercial spend
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a corporate finance / FP&A function, preferably at a consumer packaged goods business
- Ideal candidates will understand how promotional spend forecasting and payment works in CPG, and how to properly manage those functions using both Excel and systems-based approaches
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills with a focus on attention to detail while delivering against tight deadlines
- Capacity to clearly communicate compelling data-driven messages and stories succinctly
- Desire to work in a high growth environment across a range of functions and disciplines
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently; ability to take initiative and lead process improvements
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or quantitative field; MBA a plus
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.