JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent e-cigarette, selling over four million JUUL pods per month. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Commercial Finance Manager will be responsible for delivering key finance functions for JUUL Labs Athens, Greece, including; preparation of budgets, budget management, preparing forecasts, reporting and auditing.
- Responsible for the financial health of the international organization - leading the annual budget process, overseeing all expenditures, and ensuring financial data and cash flow support operational requirements
- Responsible for month-end bank reconciliations and year-end closes, including reporting to Head Office and potentially third parties
- Maintain compliance with accounting practices and procedures, monitor financial risks, and maintain strong internal controls
- Review contracts and adhere to Head Office reporting requirements
Reporting & Strategy
- Analyze and present monthly financial reports (cash flow, budget to actuals, etc) to Executive Team, including commentary on business drivers
- Support building of business plans and forecast
- Maintain consistency with global business processes and accounting policies in coordination with our HQ finance team in San Francisco
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and assess any changes necessary
- Prepare and submit tax returns in multiple international jurisdictions
- Liaison and managing relationship with external tax/accounting advisors ensuring compliance with all external reporting and submission deadlines; Understanding of VAT requirements (payment, reporting, VAT credit, etc.) for European territories is necessary
- Responsibility for all legal tax filings including, financial statements, etc.
- Participate in broader strategic and organizational discussions
- Experience with hedging and foreign currency management including long-term FX structuring, FX balance sheet management, working with banks and advisors to implement strategy
Management & Operations
- Lead and manage finance and accounting function while working with the Advisory Group and Executive teams to ensure compliance with contracts
- Ensure payment of JUUL 3rd party providers, ensuring quality control over financial transactions
- Update and implement all necessary internal financial policies and accounting practices
- Ensure systems and processes are fit for purpose and effective
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 8+ years of financial career experience to include financial business leadership roles in the Athens, Greece with oversight of financial operations within a global organization
- Degree educated qualified accountant (ACA /ACCA from an audit background preferred)
- Significant experience with multi-currency reporting
- Credibility to liaise with senior management
- Ability to challenge the status quo and drive improvement through change
- Strong organisational skills; ability to multi-task and deliver high quality work to deadlines
- Experience in the consumer products is desirable
- Experience working with technology companies is desirable
- Experience supporting Athens, Greece region generally
- University/ Masters/ MBA degree
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. JUUL Labs also complies with applicable employment eligibility verification requirements. All applicants must have the authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the country of employment.