JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Data Science & Analytics team at JUUL Labs is seeking a Director of Data Strategy & Operations to play a critical role in developing the company’s data science and analytical capabilities and community. Serving effectively as Chief of Staff to the VP of Data, you will help take us to our next phase of growth as a data-driven company.
- Help develop, communicate and evangelize the vision and strategy for Data Science & Analytics
- Support the VP data with (executive) communications, team operations and project management
- Define, develop and own initiatives that remove blockers and improve the overall performance of the data team
- Drive outcomes on key company initiatives and help coordinate cross-functionally
- Build relationships within Data and to stakeholders, be a thought leader and trusted advisor
- Maximize the Data teams bandwidth by taking on tasks such as team management, meeting preparation, leading high profile projects and hiring of key personnel
The ideal candidate has an interest in the functioning of data science and quantitative research teams and a high combination of IQ and EQ. You should be a systematic thinker with an innate curiosity about how to make processes, people and communication more effective. Note that this is not a general business operations role - it is highly geared towards analytics and research.
PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 7+ years experience in management consulting, finance, tech strategy, data science or similar
- Experience in managing cross functional projects / teams and working with executives
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal savvy
- High degree of organization and operational efficiency
- Confidence working on ambiguous problems and on changing timelines
- Superior problem-solving skills and conceptual reasoning ability
- Ownership mentality - you get things done and deliver quality output with high reliability
- Highest level of integrity and management of confidential information
- High proficiency in Excel, Google Docs, Keynote and PowerPoint
- Experience in a fast-growing tech start-up or a systematic investment fund (e.g. Bridgewater, Two Sigma, D. E. Shaw)
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for making a mark in fast-paced, growing environments
- Familiarity with SQL, python and the modern data science stack - you do not need to be a data scientist or data engineer, but you should understand who they are, what they do and how they do it!
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a top university
- MBA a plus
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities