JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs has an exciting opportunity for a Principal Mobile Engineer, primarily working with Swift or Kotlin, to build hardware-connected mobile applications. He or she can make the best use of the latest technologies, services, and software development processes to deliver sleek, functional and exciting mobile experiences for our customers.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated engineer who can tackle interesting challenges head-on. They enjoy the camaraderie and collaborative nature of a cohesive team and contributing to our mobile application on a daily basis. Day-to-day responsibilities will be:
- Work with cross-functional mobile team to build a top-tier Bluetooth-enabled iOS or Android app from the ground up
- Write clear, concise, reusable and maintainable code
- Collaborate with hardware/firmware engineering, product design, marketing, customer support and eCommerce/Digital teams on new feature development and app roadmap
- Help determine new feature development and app roadmap
- Establish core architecture, development frameworks, iterative software development, and deployment best practices
- Conduct code reviews and ensure high-quality binary releases to app stores
- Flexible work hours
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 8+ years software development experience on either the iOS or Android platform but familiarity with both required
- Recent experience developing applications in Swift or Kotlin required!
- Some familiarity with encryption and security protocols
- Strong computer science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, concurrency, and memory management
- Familiarity with mobile development concepts such as KVO, target-action selectors, NSNotificationCenter, delegation, etc.
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical problem solving and communication skills
- Experience debugging and performance tuning of mobile applications
- Experience working with REST and JSON
- Must be a strong, self-motivated individual that can work with minimal day-to-day supervision and be able to objectively rank and prioritize development work
- Familiarity with one or more version control systems, such as git.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- BS or MS in Computer Science, related fields or equivalent work experience.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Offices in San Francisco and Seattle