JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG, and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
At JUUL, product managers understand our customers and their needs. We use that understanding to define, develop, launch, and maintain new products. Product managers at JUUL are collaborative: we work across all functions and seniority levels to formulate and execute product strategy, product definition, implementation priorities, and launch plans. Above all, we are mission-driven: we develop comprehensive strategies and relentless execution plans that are aligned with our vision of eliminating combustible cigarettes.
- Owner of the product roadmap: Define features and technical specifications for new products based on long-term product vision, user needs, technical and market trends.
- Data-driven decision-making: Gather insights to inform product decisions wherever possible. When insights aren’t readily available, develop methods and tools to attain them.
- Markets & customers: Understand the value our product brings to our diverse customer base in the global marketplace.
- Product strategy: Ensure that we have a comprehensive product strategy for achieving JUUL’s vision and operating plan.
- Product definition, pricing, positioning, and launch: Translate customer and market insights into a concrete product definition and go-to-market plan. Build executive alignment for your recommended course of action.
- Engineering’s trusted resource: Balance technical feasibility with user requirements and timely releases.
- Product development stakeholder: Work collaboratively with operations, sales, legal, regulatory, customer support and marketing to identify and resolve risks to our product development plan.
- Competitive analysis: Understand our customer’s full range of alternatives, and JUUL’s positioning with respect to those alternatives.
- Consumer advocacy: Tirelessly advocate for the customer, both inside and outside of JUUL.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years product management experience.
- A demonstrable history of successful consumer product launches.
- Technical, analytical and cross-functional collaboration experience.
- Strong strategic thinking and excellent communication skills.
- 3+ years working in a hardware product management role.
- Mission-driven: We act in the best interest of the customer.
- Deeply curious: We seek to understand, and ask “Why?” repeatedly.
- Relentless and crystal-clear communication: We sniff out and resolve ambiguity.
- Objective and analytical: We seek data and know the difference between facts and opinions.
- Synthesis: Inspiration comes from many sources. We work cross-functionally to bring out the best ideas and build the best possible plan.
- Big plans, small ego: We’re committed to our vision, our plan, and our team.
- Follow through: we do what we say we’ll do. We seek accountability for ourselves and expect it from others.
- Servant leadership: We are strong cross-functional leaders. Our colleagues give us permission to lead not because the org chart dictates it, but because we’ve earned their respect by helping them to be the best they can be.
- We get our hands dirty: Plans are nothing without execution.
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering or related technical field; or equivalent practical experience.
- MBA or management consulting experience.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities