JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
JUUL Labs is seeking a candidate for the role of Military Channel Success Manager. This position is responsible for managing and growing relationships with our Military Exchange partners, supporting the sales strategy and the customer experience. This includes client onboarding - ensuring B2B customers receive products on time and complete, supporting marketing initiatives such as training, merchandising, and event marketing, as well as client retention - maintaining and optimizing the customer experience working cross-functionally to ensure they are the voice of the customer within Juul Labs and reducing customer churn. The Business Manager will engage Exchange staff and sales reps, and distribution partners to provide valuable insights within the industry, our leading innovative products, and consumer trends to consistently exceed expectations in the growth of their business. Proficiency with sales technologies, including but not limited to CRM, POS and inventory management technologies is necessary for success in this role. Additionally, the Business Manager will participate in military and veteran service organization events, research and monitor Defense policy, interact with and engage key military and veteran community leaders.
This role is based in Dallas, Texas, and will have responsibility for JUUL accounts across the US, but focused on military store chain headquarters and large installations. The ideal candidate will be a sales top performer, with military segment and tobacco category experience, comfortable in a high velocity, dynamic growth environment. We have a passion for improving the lives of adult smokers by eliminating cigarettes, and we believe that we have a real opportunity to disrupt industries to inspire positive change. If you have those qualities, share our vision and want to succeed in a fast moving and exciting environment, we want to give you an opportunity to maximize your potential and begin an exciting career with JUUL in Defense Markets.
* Please note you are applying for a role within Defense Markets. 50% travel will be required.
- Work with military exchange headquarters and store managers ensuring product selection, inventory management, merchandising and placement.
- Manage relationships with military store service providers supporting sales and inventory management execution in military exchanges.
- Manage existing and grow new accounts in collaboration with Territory Sales Managers and military store service providers.
- Call on established and potential military stores, track and manage account performance, assist Territory Sales Managers in improving performance Build deep “Trusted Advisor” relationships with military store managers and distribution partner’s teams by providing expertise and knowledge of the industry, retail strategies and sales tactics.
- Engage in product trainings, demos, consumer awareness, and branding initiatives.
- Engage and interact with military, veteran and first responder service organizations.
- Use sales technologies and software (SalesForce experience desired, not required) to understand, develop and execute opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with Trade Marketing to increase awareness and positioning at Retail.
- Work cross-functionally with HQ (San Francisco), Regions and other teams.
- Consistently represent yourself and apply JUUL Labs company values in all business interactions. It is expected that Success Managers will become not only a passionate product and industry / category experts, as well as a valuable business consultant / advisor whose analysis, judgment and knowledge of the consumer and industry dynamics makes for a valuable partner to all of our customers; retail partners, distribution partners, etc.
- Attend retailer and distributor product and sales training events.
- Communicate plans to leadership. Develop compelling presentation decks to gain approval for ideas as well as communicate results.
- Assess both successes and failures with actionable plans for continuous improvement.
- Manage inbound calls from existing and prospect accounts by providing exemplary service.
- Stay abreast of all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Prior Military (Retired or Active Reserve preferred)
- Masters Degree in Business or comparable technical degree with complementary sales experience
- Able to make data driven decisions while discerning important factors from noise in a busy role
- Good understanding of a test and learn approach.
- Willingness to learn and grow professionally, operating out of comfort zone in a new industry.
- Great communicator using technology (powerpoint, excel, teleconferences, etc.)
- Proficiency with and willingness to learn new sales technology and data analytics including CRM (SalesForce desire, not required).
- Positive attitude and emotional IQ in a hyper-growth, fast paced, continually evolving environment.
- The ability to take initiative and be creative, while simultaneously taking direction.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location: West region (CA preferred) based on assigned Territory with 50% travel.
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C