JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
- The Business Development Manager (BDM) manages a territory of vape retail customers in a defined geographic area
- The BDM is a pivotal role within the Germany sales team with responsibilities for developing and growing JUUL’s new product listings, distribution, rate of sale and retailer share of mind/voice through seamless execution of territory plans at store level
- Performance in this role will be measured primarily by achievement of product listings, volume and sales growth, implementation and execution of training, trade programmes and in-store visual merchandising
- This role is ideal for someone currently working in Field Sales in the tobacco, drinks or related FMCG categories
- This role reports to the Business Development Manager for Northern/Southern Germany
- Developing new business opportunities through regular store visits, product promotions, incentives including trade programmes and in-store events
- Sell in/implementation of joint business plans, product listings, new customer acquisition and implementation of trade programmes and training schemes
- Establishing and maintaining working relationships with key decision makers.
- Conducting staff training for vape customers and supporting Business Development Manager for Northern/Southern Germany with staff training for major chain customer’s and distributor sales teams.
- Keeping informed of and contributing to the development of the Germanz Vape Channel strategies.
- Maintaining comprehensive and up-to-date market, commercial and customer records in Salesforce.
- Reporting on competitor information, new product developments, promotions and brand activities.
- To negotiate placement of POSM and fixtures. Ensuring ongoing compliance.
- Negotiate, agree and manage trade programmes and engagement initiatives.
- Ensure initiatives are executed according to agreed plan.
- To deliver agreed sales targets for assigned geography.
- Experience and knowledge of the FMCG retail environment
- Experience and ability to manage a large group of stores across a geographic are
- Persuasive and adaptable presenter - ability to positively influence different stores and staff
Key Attributes Necessary for Success
- Strong resilience and desire to drive continuous improvements and operate in a changing environment
- Ability to build and develop collaborative relationships - internal and external
- Ability to problem solve and think on your feet
- A full EU driving license is required for this role
- Experience working in a field sales or business development role in the FMCG sector
- Experience working in the vape channel a plus
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. JUUL Labs also complies with applicable employment eligibility verification requirements. All applicants must have the authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the country of employment.