JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs is searching for a Senior Manager, Quality Improvement to join our Quality Supply Chain team. This person will be responsible for the implementation of a systematic, planned, institutional approach for identification, design, measurement, prioritization and monitoring of quality initiatives to drive continuous quality improvements throughout our suppliers in China.
- Direct and manage projects to ensure the manufacture of high-quality product and facilitate compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Monitor daily work operations and provides direction and guidance to employees to achieve personal, departmental, and business goals.
- Provide manufacturing support by defining work assignments directed to address manufacturing process defects and implement process improvements utilizing Quality System tools.
- Identify quality projects for continuous improvements while reducing the cost of quality and meeting overall business objectives.
- Apply lean six sigma methodology to drive quality initiatives.
- Provide leadership and hands-on participation in projects to develop project improvement methodology skills.
- Interact with internal and external customers, by meeting regularly, responding to requests and explaining procedures.
- Interpret and execute policies that affect work processes and personnel within the assigned organizational unit.
- Contribute to the development and monitoring of area budgets through regular analysis of cost and spending.
- Identify, develop and implement processes to improve department performance.
- Monitor departments activities and records to ensure compliance independent action through critical decision making.
- Lead the team in crisis management situations. Make decisions and take accountability, sometimes with limited information, in high-pressure time limited situations.
- Mentor and provide training to six sigma green belts.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3+ years of experience in Supplier Quality Engineering Management.
- 5+ years of industry experience in one or more of the following disciplines: Quality Engineering, Process Operations, Test, Design or Product Engineering, Reliability and/or Qualification.
- Experience working in an FDA or ISO13485 regulated environment, preferably medical device or pharmaceutical, is required.
- Experience in electronic manufacturing or high speed automation manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to work with a multi-functional team to define requirements and suitable metrics for the performance of new products and process.
- Experienced professional with a complete understanding and wide application of principle, theories, and concepts in the field.
- Strong project management skills and expert in improvement methodology.
- Strong problem solving and interpersonal skills; Works with JUUL Management, Consultants, and Staff to develop practical solutions to achieve regulatory compliance and support quality process improvements.
- Strong supplier quality program management skills.
- Substantial interpersonal/influencing/negotiation skills.
- Ability to travel and work at supplier locations, up to 70%
- Six Sigma Black belt with strong statistical knowledge.
- Preferred certifications: PMP or ASQ Quality Engineer and/or Quality Auditor.
EDUCATION: BS or MS degree in Engineering or Applied Science
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. JUUL Labs also complies with applicable employment eligibility verification requirements. All applicants must have the authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the country of employment.